+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record Application Online

RaeShumba

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
As long as you apply before the expiry of your current document you can legally stay until the decision is made. The intern period status is called “ status implied “
But you have to apply before the expiration of your current document. If you apply online you’ll usually get the confirmation letter same day
Thanks for this. I've got an inland spousal sponsorship PR and OWP submitted and is what I'm waiting for. My submission for a visitor record isn't likely to impede / complicate that at all is it?

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Thanks for this. I've got an inland spousal sponsorship PR and OWP submitted and is what I'm waiting for. My submission for a visitor record isn't likely to impede / complicate that at all is it?
It should not affect it , you could include an explanation letter when applying for a visitor record and explain your current situation that you have applied for the above and are waiting for the decision to be made and for time being you would like to stay with your spouse , also mention the covid situation, qt the moment with all the restrictions it makes traveling and flying complicated if not impossible until it becomes safer to do so.

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
Hi! Hope everyone’s doing well, I have one question. My result from my extension just arrived yesterday, and it says there I must leave by June 20. Do I need to leave right away? Or I can still apply for another extension cause I can’t really fly back home yet due to Covid as cases are getting higher in the Philippines. Thank you very much!

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi! Hope everyone’s doing well, I have one question. My result from my extension just arrived yesterday, and it says there I must leave by June 20. Do I need to leave right away? Or I can still apply for another extension cause I can’t really fly back home yet due to Covid as cases are getting higher in the Philippines. Thank you very much!
was you reason for the extension due to covid and not being able to fly to Philippines ? I would contact Philippines embassy in Canada and ask them to issue you a letter confirming that currently there are no flights due to covid restrictions. Once you have that letter I would include it and email CIC explaining the situation to see if they can reconsider their decision. But make sure you at least call CIC to see what your options are or reapply by the 20th so your current status doesn’t expire.

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
was you reason for the extension due to covid and not being able to fly to Philippines ? I would contact Philippines embassy in Canada and ask them to issue you a letter confirming that currently there are no flights due to covid restrictions. Once you have that letter I would include it and email CIC explaining the situation to see if they can reconsider their decision. But make sure you at least call CIC to see what your options are or reapply by the 20th so your current status doesn’t expire.
I have consulted with a consultant and they asked me to just apply for another extension. Hoping it’ll be approved, as I don’t think it’s a good idea to travel as cases are getting higher and higher back home. My only worry is that they said that I must leave on June 20. That’s what’s been bothering me really.

meghalshah

Nov 4, 2019
I am trying to file a Visitor Record Application for an extension of stay in Canada due to Covid-19 related travel restrictions. I cannot find the Visitor Record application after logging in to the CIC online applications website. Is this application supposed to be completed in the PDF forms, printed and mailed in? I can't find anywhere to complete and submit online. Am I completely missing something? I can't even find where to pay the fees online on the CIC online applications website.

Any help?

Hi,

It's kind of late to reply. But I am in a similar situation. I am unable to find an online application link on CIC website after creating a new account. Could you please reply how did you manage to submit an online application? I would really appreciate your response.

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
I wrote this in a different forum but here:

My mother is almost in the same situation, she does have visitor visa valid until 2022 but you need to leave canada after 6 months which would be June 5th . She can't fly backhoe or anywhere else at the moment due to the lockdowns and flight restrictions so the only choice I have is to apply for travel record so her stay can be extended.
I also strugled finding the right applications etc. but I finally figured out how to do it.
So you do need to have an online account on CIC - if you don't already have it register and log in and scroll down on the home page to Services and informations - there will be a list : My application , Immigrate and a few others. You need to click on Visit . from there you click - Stay in Canada longer .
It might send you back a few times , I think there is either a glitch in the system or they have some technical difficulties. So try different web browsers or different computers if you have, even your cellphone might work - it should guide you to a step where it asks you questions to create your online application for extending visa. Once you reach that step it will be saved and you'll be able to continue or access it from your personal cic account.

I thought I was going crazy today, since it wasn't just me experiencing this issues I'm sure they had some technical difficulties with the website.

Hope it helps and you're able to get to the online application.

Good luck!
hey
sorry where is this option Services and informations ? can you please share . Thanks