+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record Application Online

newbie_b

Jun 9, 2019
I am trying to file a Visitor Record Application for an extension of stay in Canada due to Covid-19 related travel restrictions. I cannot find the Visitor Record application after logging in to the CIC online applications website. Is this application supposed to be completed in the PDF forms, printed and mailed in? I can't find anywhere to complete and submit online. Am I completely missing something? I can't even find where to pay the fees online on the CIC online applications website.

Any help?

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
I am trying to file a Visitor Record Application for an extension of stay in Canada due to Covid-19 related travel restrictions. I cannot find the Visitor Record application after logging in to the CIC online applications website. Is this application supposed to be completed in the PDF forms, printed and mailed in? I can't find anywhere to complete and submit online. Am I completely missing something? I can't even find where to pay the fees online on the CIC online applications website.

Any help?
Hi I'm unable to figure out the same. Can you please share the application link?

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
In the same boat. I have read the guide and instructions three times and cannot figure out where to go to add the application online. Please help.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Figured it out too - you have to start a new application - Work, visit, study then answer questions.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019

Any help?
Hi good evening.
I would like to ask how was your application of visitor record? Did you heard from them?
im applying paper application of visitor record but its been 10 days now i didnt hear anything. My visawill expire end of the month and im worried cause i cant travel due to travel restrictions and covid 19.Hope you can enlighten me. Thank you

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hi good evening.
I would like to ask how was your application of visitor record? Did you heard from them?
im applying paper application of visitor record but its been 10 days now i didnt hear anything. My visawill expire end of the month and im worried cause i cant travel due to travel restrictions and covid 19.Hope you can enlighten me. Thank you
Its taking 117 days for visitor record to process from within in Canada so u wont hear back soon...n now due to coivd19 it may even take longer

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
I wrote this in a different forum but here:

My mother is almost in the same situation, she does have visitor visa valid until 2022 but you need to leave canada after 6 months which would be June 5th . She can't fly backhoe or anywhere else at the moment due to the lockdowns and flight restrictions so the only choice I have is to apply for travel record so her stay can be extended.
I also strugled finding the right applications etc. but I finally figured out how to do it.
So you do need to have an online account on CIC - if you don't already have it register and log in and scroll down on the home page to Services and informations - there will be a list : My application , Immigrate and a few others. You need to click on Visit . from there you click - Stay in Canada longer .
It might send you back a few times , I think there is either a glitch in the system or they have some technical difficulties. So try different web browsers or different computers if you have, even your cellphone might work - it should guide you to a step where it asks you questions to create your online application for extending visa. Once you reach that step it will be saved and you'll be able to continue or access it from your personal cic account.

I thought I was going crazy today, since it wasn't just me experiencing this issues I'm sure they had some technical difficulties with the website.

Hope it helps and you're able to get to the online application.

Good luck!

Reactions: astraldust

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015

Any help?
Can you please let us know what you mentioned in the explanation letter- I am working on it now and was wondering what other people wrote who are in the same situation and can't leave the country and need visitor's visa due to covid travel restrictions.
Thank you

RaeShumba

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
I wrote this in a different forum but here:

My mother is almost in the same situation, she does have visitor visa valid until 2022 but you need to leave canada after 6 months which would be June 5th . She can't fly backhoe or anywhere else at the moment due to the lockdowns and flight restrictions so the only choice I have is to apply for travel record so her stay can be extended.
I also strugled finding the right applications etc. but I finally figured out how to do it.
So you do need to have an online account on CIC - if you don't already have it register and log in and scroll down on the home page to Services and informations - there will be a list : My application , Immigrate and a few others. You need to click on Visit . from there you click - Stay in Canada longer .
It might send you back a few times , I think there is either a glitch in the system or they have some technical difficulties. So try different web browsers or different computers if you have, even your cellphone might work - it should guide you to a step where it asks you questions to create your online application for extending visa. Once you reach that step it will be saved and you'll be able to continue or access it from your personal cic account.

I thought I was going crazy today, since it wasn't just me experiencing this issues I'm sure they had some technical difficulties with the website.

Hope it helps and you're able to get to the online application.

Good luck!
Hi there, when I log into my CIC account when i try to navigate to 'visit' it logs me out. When I fin the 'extent stay' page it explains as you say to create an account / log in, but once I do I'm back to having no way to get to the application. Any suggestions? Thanks

RaeShumba

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Figured it out too - you have to start a new application - Work, visit, study then answer questions.
Hi can you explain this a little further? I have an IRCC account but cannot navigate to the 'extend visit' application for a visitor record. It prompts me to log out every time I visit a page that isn't my profile. Seems like a fault loop in system. Thanks

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi there, when I log into my CIC account when i try to navigate to 'visit' it logs me out. When I fin the 'extent stay' page it explains as you say to create an account / log in, but once I do I'm back to having no way to get to the application. Any suggestions? Thanks
it keeps doing the same thing even after creating or loving in to the Cic account. What I found works is either restarting a computer and/or trying other different browsers like safari, mozila etc. Try different ones and one of them should work.But it’s the reoccurring issue and CIC should have it fixed

RaeShumba

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Its taking 117 days for visitor record to process from within in Canada so u wont hear back soon...n now due to coivd19 it may even take longer
if we apply before the 30 days prior to an ETA expiration but it takes 117 days to hear back about an applied for extension, where does that leave us during the interim period? Are we legal??

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
As long as you apply before the expiry of your current document you can legally stay until the decision is made. The intern period status is called “ status implied “
But you have to apply before the expiration of your current document. If you apply online you’ll usually get the confirmation letter same day