+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor for Fiance after Engagement

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by SunnyFongo, Nov 9, 2018.

  1. Dear All, I'm a Permanent Resident of Canada and about to get married in Dec 2018. Recently got engaged and looking for information with the visitor visa application for my Fiance.

    Please let me know if there is any direct link to apply for Fiance Visiting Visa.

  2. There is no visa category such as 'Fiance Visa' nor 'Fiance Visiting Visa'. Your fiance must apply for a regular visitor visa/TRV
  3. Thanks Bryanna.

    I have couple more question

    1. when I fill in the details what should I answer for the below as she is still my Fiance. Since we are engaged and about to marry can I specify "Yes"?
    Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

    2. Purpose of my visit to Canada (imm5257e) is to Visit me only and she will not be able to live with me in Canada right away and got some business to take care off. In this case will that be Tourism or Family Visit or Visit?
  4. The answer will be 'No'. She is legally not a family member.

    Just to caution you:
    We have seen this purpose of visit (i.e. wanting to visit a spouse/partner who has PR status) generally results in TRV refusals

Share This Page