+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension Denied, Asked to Leave Immediately, Restoration?

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Hello

My visitor extension application was denied today I was asked to leave Canada immediately.

I have been on implied status till today and I am supposed to be eligible for restoration 90 days from today correcT?

But the letter doesn't give an option for restoration please help will I be wasting my time applying for restoration?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hello

My visitor extension application was denied today I was asked to leave Canada immediately.

I have been on implied status till today and I am supposed to be eligible for restoration 90 days from today correcT?

But the letter doesn't give an option for restoration please help will I be wasting my time applying for restoration?
You can apply for restoration. Though the chances are slim, you can certainly try.

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello

Hi, what was the reason for the refusal?

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Hi, what was the reason for the refusal?
my passport is currently with my countrys high ocmmission for renewal and it takes some time but hopefully before 90 days are up and i will apply to restore

my question is this letter did not specify that i am eligible for restoration but can i still apply? will cbsa issue a order against me?

has anybody been asked to leave immediately and then successfully restored status, letter says
You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.

But this was just for extension (refused) now I will apply for restoration once I have my new pp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sounds like CIC thinks you applied for your extension while you were already out of status in Canada. This is why the 90 days isn't mentioned and they are telling you that you have to leave now.

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Hmmmm ok I will just wait for my pp and apply for restoration

Hopefully nothing is wrong

But if anyone here has been asked to leave immediately? Same notice and then got restoration please let me know?

The letter specifically states that I need a passport for the extension but doesn't mention the 90 days

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hello

Sorry to hear. May I know when you applied? I am trying to estimate how long it takes for processing

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Sounds like CIC thinks you applied for your extension while you were already out of status in Canada. This is why the 90 days isn't mentioned and they are telling you that you have to leave now.

But if anyone here has been asked to leave immediately? Same notice and then got restoration please let me know?

The letter specifically states that I need a passport for the extension but doesn't mention the 90 days

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

As advised on your other thread, you could not have applied for a visitor extension/change to your status/restoration of your status without having a valid passport:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-extension-on-expired-passport.522877/#post-6431361

It would be best if you leave within 30 days. And, reapply for a new TRV from your home country

Reactions: scylla

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You've been without status and illegal since July 14.

You've not been on implied status since July 14. Implied status = Applied for change in status/extension + Passport is valid for the extension sought

Your removal order could change into a departure order/deportation order after 30 days of this refusal letter you have received from IRCC. So you may not get the 90 days time frame that you are looking for to apply for restoration (if you get your new passport by then).

Also, currently you do not have a valid passport to leave within 30 days. You'll need to apply ASAP for an emergency travel document from your country's embassy

AKamz

Jan 12, 2018
Hello,

Can some one share a reference saying we have 30 days to leave Canada when asked to leave immediately?
Its sounds paradox i know but you need a fix few things before flying far off. Just trying to get a sense, how much time do we have to arrange work stu

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018

Hi did you applied for res
Hello

Hi have you applied for restoration or not left the country ????