waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Dottie123 said:
Thank you and Kayaker for all this info. The agent was questioning her on her employment and she quit her job in the states right before her wedding so she was honest and said she was unemployed and he told her she better not be working in Canada and she said no I am not.
She has only had a few trips to Canada a year and the trips were only maybe 10 days the most at a time.
I think the agent just wanted to scare her and it did.
yeah, when you're unemployed and NOT married, they are a lot more strict. now that she's married, and is submitting her pr application, i suspect her experiences will get better.

Dottie123

Nov 2, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yeah, when you're unemployed and NOT married, they are a lot more strict. now that she's married, and is submitting her pr application, i suspect her experiences will get better.
She was married on this last trip but all was still in maiden name but when she goes back end of January it will be in her married name and she will have all documents to start to send in app. Should she say that she is there visiting her husband or still just say family and friends?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Dottie123 said:
She was married on this last trip but all was still in maiden name but when she goes back end of January it will be in her married name and she will have all documents to start to send in app. Should she say that she is there visiting her husband or still just say family and friends?
whether she's changed her name has no impact on border entries or pr application approvals. however, it's far better to change it before sending in the application, otherwise it just delays being able to change it legally quite some time. of course, i figured this out too late.

she should be saying "i'm here to visit my husband". that is the truth and a perfectly acceptable reason for visiting canada. it's best to not be vauge or sound like she's hiding something. it's also best to not offer information until it's asked. so don't bring up PR until they specifically ask her plans for it, which they probably will do. and even then, the answers should be short. "yes, we are planning on applying for PR, here is all my paperwork for the application." no need to elaborate or tell long stories. once she sends in her application and receives sponsor approval, she can start saying "i am here to visit my husband. i have a PR application submitted". at that point, they will check for her application in the system and let her on her way.

Dottie123

Nov 2, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
whether she's changed her name has no impact on border entries or pr application approvals. however, it's far better to change it before sending in the application, otherwise it just delays being able to change it legally quite some time. of course, i figured this out too late.

she should be saying "i'm here to visit my husband". that is the truth and a perfectly acceptable reason for visiting canada. it's best to not be vauge or sound like she's hiding something. it's also best to not offer information until it's asked. so don't bring up PR until they specifically ask her plans for it, which they probably will do. and even then, the answers should be short. "yes, we are planning on applying for PR, here is all my paperwork for the application." no need to elaborate or tell long stories. once she sends in her application and receives sponsor approval, she can start saying "i am here to visit my husband. i have a PR application submitted". at that point, they will check for her application in the system and let her on her way.
Thank you so much this info is very helpful And I appreciate all your help