+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visiting visa

nimmy

Aug 6, 2011
Hi friends
I need help...
I live in ontario, I came in canada on live in caregiver application. I got my Open Work Permit, I have already applied for Permenent Resident Application and I have mentioned my husband's name in it. I have applied in february 2011. I got my Open Work Permit on December 2011. Still waiting for my PR.
My husband is in India. He applied for Visiting Visa but his application got rejected by CIC. so my question is, should he apply for visiting visa again?
will it be any bad impact on my PR application?, because I have already mentioned his name in PR application.
and who is the best immigration lawyer can help me with less charge?
I have asked here to lawyer, he said he will charge $500 just see the letter from cic. It is very expensive, I can't afford.
Please friedns give me suggestions, i really need help.
Thank you

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
I wouldn't do it. The changes are very slim that he'll be granted a visitor visa. I assume the rejection letter states something similar to '...did not convince the officer that xx will return due to lack of sufficient ties to home country...'. you don't need a lawyer for that one. the lawyer also wont be able to help you as it is more than difficult to convince anyone that he'd be returning under these circumstances. Go for PR and visit him in india in the meantime instead. everything else is wasted money... . tough time but most of us went through this. you just gotta be patient...

nimmy

Aug 6, 2011
Thank you clubcanada,
Do you have any idea that how long it will take to get PR and my husband?
I am in Canada past 4 years and wants to spend some time with my husband here together, but still a long way to go. :(
Please give me your suggestion.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
I don't have the latest figures. you might find them on the CIC website, though or someone else who recently went through a similar process (inland with spouse in india) can provide further insights. In the meantime make sure you understand the requirements and get all your material together as this might also take some time...