+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting visa to work visa at Canadian airport

Amitgocha

Nov 7, 2018
  1. I got my positive LMO, and I'm heading to Canada next month to apply for a work permit at port of entry. However, I'm a little confused cos there is a jungle of information out there and I'm not sure which sources to trust or not. So any of you who has been through this process could you please help me out? Thanks!:)

- Do I need to fill in any forms prior to arriving in Canada or will they provide me with forms at the airport?
    ... I looked at a document checklist and there were a whole bunch of forms there that you have to fill out...

I have a visitors visa to enter Canada, I am not sure, if I can get work permit. I am bringing documents are these:
  2. LMO
  3. Employment Agreement
  4. Contract Letter

...will I need anything else? Proof of funds?

Thank you for your time!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
  1. I got my positive LMO, and I'm heading to Canada next month to apply for a work permit at port of entry. However, I'm a little confused cos there is a jungle of information out there and I'm not sure which sources to trust or not. So any of you who has been through this process could you please help me out? Thanks!:)

- Do I need to fill in any forms prior to arriving in Canada or will they provide me with forms at the airport?
    ... I looked at a document checklist and there were a whole bunch of forms there that you have to fill out...

I have a visitors visa to enter Canada, I am not sure, if I can get work permit. I am bringing documents are these:
  2. LMO
  3. Employment Agreement
  4. Contract Letter

...will I need anything else? Proof of funds?

Thank you for your time!
As you were previously told, you don't qualify to apply for a work permit at a POE upon entry.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/work-permit-received.604851/

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you're not eligible as you've been told before.

If you try showing up at the airport, they will simply deny you. There's no wiggle room here. You HAVE to apply from outside Canada.

If you don't believe us, read this ->
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/persons-who-may-apply-port-entry.html

Specifically :

• they are exempt from the requirement for a temporary resident visa and their job falls within the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (i.e., they are required to obtain an LMIA) and a positive or neutral LMIA has been issued by the time they arrive
  • they are a national or permanent resident of the U.S., Greenland or Saint-Pierre and Miquelon regardless of whether their job falls with the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or the International Mobility Program
You are an Indian citizen and you need a TRV.