+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting USA, Need a visa?

sareina

Jul 29, 2012
Hello so my Uncle has lived in Canada for 30 yrs, hes an immigrant, they said he "legal" though. He has a portuguses passport, he's supposed to be coming to get my daughter and myself On Friday, will he be able to without a Visa? he'll only be in US for 24-48 hrs.

And my mother, she has her PR card, and has an Amercian Passport. Is she all set? She said she spoke to an agent and they said she is but i'd like to double check..

Thank you in Advance. ;)

pkboy

Jul 24, 2012
sareina said:
Hello so my Uncle has lived in Canada for 30 yrs, hes an immigrant, they said he "legal" though. He has a portuguses passport, he's supposed to be coming to get my daughter and myself On Friday, will he be able to without a Visa? he'll only be in US for 24-48 hrs.

And my mother, she has her PR card, and has an Amercian Passport. Is she all set? She said she spoke to an agent and they said she is but i'd like to double check..

Thank you in Advance. ;)
need answers to this as well.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sareina said:

Thank you in Advance. ;)
Your mother is all set - as an American citizen all she needs is her US passport.

Your uncle, as a Portuguese national, needs to apply for authorization through the ESTA program. See http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

sareina

Jul 29, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Your mother is all set - as an American citizen all she needs is her US passport.

Your uncle, as a Portuguese national, needs to apply for authorization through the ESTA program. See
She has a PR card from Canada, and im sure she's still an American Citizen. Will she be okay to return to Canada?
How long does it useally take to get authorization?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sareina said:
She has a PR card from Canada, and im sure she's still an American Citizen. Will she be okay to return to Canada?
How long does it useally take to get authorization?
As long as she's met her stay requirements to Canada, she'll be fine :)

You apply online @ http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/ - take a look at links I sent you ... it has all the detailed instructions on passport requirements, stay requirements, etc.

sareina

Jul 29, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
As long as she's met her stay requirements to Canada, she'll be fine :)

You apply online @- take a look at links I sent you ... it has all the detailed instructions on passport requirements, stay requirements, etc.
What are the requirments? ive been trying to look for them, & Thank you i dont think he'll be able come giving the fact that she's coming in 5 days.

Kaur07

Mar 27, 2012
i need help here too, parents got supervisa, and wants to visit usa, i am green card holder in usa as well citizen in canada, they have to fill inthe usa visitor visa form that they hv child (me) in usa, what kind of qustion oficer may can ask in interview, any idea, or m i doing right

i donot know which side i should show the residancy.... pls help
many thnaks

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
^^

Doesn't matter for your residency but the online form was sooooooooo long and then we got interview appt after like 2 months. It used to be so easy back in India when there was simply a drop box for visa extensions

Kaur07

Mar 27, 2012
user828 said:
^^

Doesn't matter for your residency but the online form was sooooooooo long and then we got interview appt after like 2 months. It used to be so easy back in India when there was simply a drop box for visa extensions
Thanks for it, they were rejected once in india, without any reason.... they r in canada for 5mon, in here there is it good that i can sit with them at the time of interview, i am thinking filling there stay less then 24 hrs, just for shopping, i work in canada, they will ask who will pay for them, worried what will the answer, pls advice
thanks