+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting fiancée

Mtiffany96

Nov 20, 2017
Hello! I am an American. I visited my girlfriend in Canada from around May 18th and left November 18th after a 6 month stay. I know there is no specific law on how long you should wait before visiting again, however, I hear that you should generally wait the amount of time you stayed. So if I wait 6 months, do you think they will deny me at the border if I try to visit again? Next time I go down there we will be getting married, I just want to make sure I don't make the 3 day trip to get denied at the border for "over visiting" that's my biggest concern. Thank you in advance!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello! I am an American. I visited my girlfriend in Canada from around May 18th and left November 18th after a 6 month stay. I know there is no specific law on how long you should wait before visiting again, however, I hear that you should generally wait the amount of time you stayed. So if I wait 6 months, do you think they will deny me at the border if I try to visit again? Next time I go down there we will be getting married, I just want to make sure I don't make the 3 day trip to get denied at the border for "over visiting" that's my biggest concern. Thank you in advance!!
6 months away is OK, but there's a possibility you might be given a shorter leash/authorized stay on your next visit.