+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting during sponsorship and sponsorship/pr

cheese87

Aug 30, 2022
Hello there,

I apologize in advance if any of my questions are silly, I'm looking for clarity on the below...

1. I am a Canadian Citizen and I am sponsoring my husband from India. I am currently in India right now as a visitor and plan to go back home shortly. Once we submit for outland sponsorship can I still visit him in India while we wait?

2. Once his spousal sponsorship is approved what happens? Do we have to apply separately for PR? Or is PR and sponsorship the same thing?

3. Once he is told he can come to Canada how quickly can he start working?

Thank you very much!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,

I apologize in advance if any of my questions are silly, I'm looking for clarity on the below...

1. I am a Canadian Citizen and I am sponsoring my husband from India. I am currently in India right now as a visitor and plan to go back home shortly. Once we submit for outland sponsorship can I still visit him in India while we wait?

2. Once his spousal sponsorship is approved what happens? Do we have to apply separately for PR? Or is PR and sponsorship the same thing?

3. Once he is told he can come to Canada how quickly can he start working?

Thank you very much!
As a Canadian, you can sponsor him now as outland. You can visit him in India. Applying for spousal sponsorship is PR. If applying outland, once he lands he can work immediately.

Reactions: CherAmie