+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa for my brother from india

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Hi Guys,

Quick question , I need to apply for a visit visa for my brother who is in India to come to Canada for marriage , can anyone help with with a invitation letter and tips which landed them the visit visa ?

Thank you in Advance :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

Quick question , I need to apply for a visit visa for my brother who is in India to come to Canada for marriage , can anyone help with with a invitation letter and tips which landed them the visit visa ?

He is coming to Canada to get married? That is a big red flag. He needs to show his own funds, travel history, ties to home country.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi Guys,

In another posting you needed a LMIA for your “ visiting “ brother . So what exactly is his plans ? Working, marriage , all of the above ? As mentioned it’s the strength of his application that’ll get his visa approved . There’s no tips and or tricks
It appears he’s not a genuine visitor

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/looking-for-lmia.785801/

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He's coming to attend my marriage

not to get married , he's married already and have 2 kids
So your letter states that he is coming for your wedding. He shows his own funds, travel history and ties to home country. He has strong family ties if his wife and kids are staying behind. Show employment letter with approved leave to show ties too.

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Also i would like to know whether it would be better for my brother to apply for himself or to apply for his whole family (Spouse & 2 kids) together for visit visa for my marriage ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also i would like to know whether it would be better for my brother to apply for himself or to apply for his whole family (Spouse & 2 kids) together for visit visa for my marriage ?
Probably just himself unless he has his own funds for all of them to attend your wedding, and strong ties of him and his spouse to return (job letters) plus tuition/school registration for kids. If they have strong travel history as a family and US visas that will help. When is your wedding?

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Probably just himself unless he has his own funds for all of them to attend your wedding, and strong ties of him and his spouse to return (job letters) plus tuition/school registration for kids. If they have strong travel history as a family and US visas that will help. When is your wedding?
he had cash which he deposited in his new bank account and he will be creating a fixed deposit and we will be using that fixed deposit to show his funds for the application - he can definitely bear the expenses for all the flight tickets , but i do not want to take a chance of the whole family getting rejected , i want his application to be approved for sure .

strong ties of him and his spouse - he works in Hospitality industry and his wife is house wife and do not work.

strong travel history - never travelled outside home country

Wedding - Tentative Sep/OCT

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
he had cash which he deposited in his new bank account and he will be creating a fixed deposit and we will be using that fixed deposit to show his funds for the application - he can definitely bear the expenses for all the flight tickets , but i do not want to take a chance of the whole family getting rejected , i want his application to be approved for sure .

strong ties of him and his spouse - he works in Hospitality industry and his wife is house wife and do not work.

strong travel history - never travelled outside home country

Wedding - Tentative Sep/OCT
If you absolutely want him to attend, then only he should apply. His wife doesn’t have a strong profile. His ties are strong if his wife and kids remain home. He needs an employment letter with approved leave. Are all the funds his own?

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
If you absolutely want him to attend, then only he should apply. His wife doesn’t have a strong profile. His ties are strong if his wife and kids remain home. He needs an employment letter with approved leave. Are all the funds his own?

that is what i was thinking to apply him as solo

yes - his own funds

thank you very much for your help , really appreciate it. :)

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
that is what i was thinking to apply him as solo

yes - his own funds

thank you very much for your help , really appreciate it. :)

Hi
Naturgrl

i've another question , he had funds in his account only since 1 month , he has an FD done and we are using that as his proof of funds

will it be ok ? or something else needs to be done ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Naturgrl

i've another question , he had funds in his account only since 1 month , he has an FD done and we are using that as his proof of funds

will it be ok ? or something else needs to be done ?
IRCC wants to see the last 6 months of bank statements. So he only has a bank account for one month?

Account details
At least 6 months of account details, including balances, helps us understand your financial situation.
Submit with visa application

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
IRCC wants to see the last 6 months of bank statements. So he only has a bank account for one month?

Account details
At least 6 months of account details, including balances, helps us understand your financial situation.
Submit with visa application

he have his 6 bank statement where there's a salary credit

he also have opened a new bank account and sister helped him with lil cash for funds , is it a problem ?

or i can just tell in the letter that im taking care of all his expenses ?