+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa for my brother from india

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
he have his 6 bank statement where there's a salary credit

he also have opened a new bank account and sister helped him with lil cash for funds , is it a problem ?

or i can just tell in the letter that im taking care of all his expenses ?
He has to show where the money came from so if sister dumped funds into his account one month, then that is a red flag. He has to match his funds with salary. He is not your dependant and has a family so needs to show his own funds. If you are supporting him then his profile weakens because IRCC will not think that he can support his own visit.

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
He has to show where the money came from so if sister dumped funds into his account one month, then that is a red flag. He has to match his funds with salary. He is not your dependant and has a family so needs to show his own funds. If you are supporting him then his profile weakens because IRCC will not think that he can support his own visit.
hmm , ok i see,

can he wait for 2-3 months and then apply ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hmm , ok i see,

can he wait for 2-3 months and then apply ?
If he wants but will still need to show where those funds came from. Why did his sister have to dump money into his account? What was the reason for it? He wants 6 months of statements.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
he have his 6 bank statement where there's a salary credit

he also have opened a new bank account and sister helped him with lil cash for funds , is it a problem ?

or i can just tell in the letter that im taking care of all his expenses ?
IRCC really wants to see liquid cash because these funds need to be available to use so wouldn’t put all the savings in FDs unless it is something like a high interest savings account where money can removed at any time (not really considered FD).