+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
I keep seeing here people say so and so date are being processed. How does one find out which date the ircc is at in processing visas? I applied on oct 31st on the new portal; biometrics were already done in aug 2021. No news and nothing is moving at all. Wondering if re-applying with an agent works better?
Just by reading the comments posted by those who got PPR in this thread and others. I am sure @BA101 is doing the same like me. ;-)

Reactions: alstar

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi all,

So I submitted my parents visa application and included letter of invitation as well to it. Mistakenly, I wrote April 2023 as there travelling time in the letter of invitation but in the visa application I wrote April 2022. Will this create any issue to my application? Is there anything I can do to correct this mistake?
Please help

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I keep seeing here people say so and so date are being processed. How does one find out which date the ircc is at in processing visas? I applied on oct 31st on the new portal; biometrics were already done in aug 2021. No news and nothing is moving at all. Wondering if re-applying with an agent works better?
there are some whatsapp groups and FB groups where we see posts from people when there is an approval. that is the only source @august_leo

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi all,

So I submitted my parents visa application and included letter of invitation as well to it. Mistakenly, I wrote April 2023 as there travelling time in the letter of invitation but in the visa application I wrote April 2022. Will this create any issue to my application? Is there anything I can do to correct this mistake?
Please help
I think they will know it is a mistake, i they they follow what you write on the application itself.

Please how did you fill their work history/activities in the last 10 years, did you start from 2022 down to 2012 or you started from 2012 to 2022. mine its says error and that i missed it.

Roraj

Oct 4, 2016
Any updates from anyone who applied around October 25th? I applied for my parents and here is my timeline:

1. Old application in GC key: August 2021 ( I withdrew it later when i applied through the new portal)
2. Biometrics: Sep 6, 2021
3. New application in the new portal: Oct. 25th 2021.
Still no update after Oct. 25th. Did anyone apply in late October as well?

My parents are in Lebanon.

Thanks.
hey, appplied on oct 27th through new portal. still waiitng .

Roraj

Oct 4, 2016
So here is the small update on old portal which I had applied on October 9th 2020- " On Jan 20th 2022- Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details". Not sure what does that mean !

My new application was submitted through new portal on October 27th 2021

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
So here is the small update on old portal which I had applied on October 9th 2020- " On Jan 20th 2022- Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details". Not sure what does that mean !

My new application was submitted through new portal on October 27th 2021
Any movement on the new application ??

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Hello All,

Recently, There are a lot of changes in the visitor visa application process. did anyone apply recently for a parents visitor visa from Canada with a new portal?

Do both Mother and Father need to create a separate application in the portal as one group?

At the end of the application document upload section, both mother and father have separate sections to upload documents. Do we have to upload common documents (Mariage certificate, Bank Statements) two times?

If anyone applied recently with the new portal please reach out to me I need some information before I submit my application.

niravrocky

Oct 23, 2021
Hello All,

Recently, There are a lot of changes in the visitor visa application process. did anyone apply recently for a parents visitor visa from Canada with a new portal?

Do both Mother and Father need to create a separate application in the portal as one group?

At the end of the application document upload section, both mother and father have separate sections to upload documents. Do we have to upload common documents (Mariage certificate, Bank Statements) two times?

If anyone applied recently with the new portal please reach out to me I need some information before I submit my application.

Hi I just applied creating a group for them i.e. 2 applications in same group using my portal as a representative. I got both their applications appearing seperate in portal as in different application flows. There might be some confusion as in main screen you would see two applications e.g. Showing visitor visa applications and not group name but when you click on any one it will open group details with again two applications but this time it would show applicant names which you can continue filling details for.

When both applications are compete as a group i.e. after upload of all docs, on proceeding next it will ask who would be primary applicant and what relationship others have with principal applicant. I uploaded those same docs as you said on both their applications. Also you should sign representative forms I believe if you use your portal. Hope I cleared some doubts

Last edited:
Reactions: priyankbhojak88

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hi. Does anyone have problems uploading documents in the fields? I've been trying since yesterday, and it keeps saying format not accepted. Anyone having this problem? And any solution? Pls advice

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
My kids got visitor visas approved recently from India and to my surprise they have been approved until Dec 31, 2022, instead of until the passport expiry date. Did anyone come across the same situation from India?

Reactions: Ashsan