+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

rv2022

Jan 28, 2022
Hi . Anyone applied for trv from Uae . I applied for my infant son in nov 18th . Any positive news on November files in the new portal.

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Hi . Anyone applied for trv from Uae . I applied for my infant son in nov 18th . Any positive news on November files in the new portal.
My parents & sister applied on 16th January 2022. biometrics done on 19th Jan .. sister's eligibility review started. no update on parents applications..

Reactions: GLW DXB

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
People stuck without decisions on the iRCC Portal are filing again using GC Key and getting a decision in 2 weeks. Seems to be the latest trend.

Know of one more person who got successful this route.

Now I am wondering if I should as well. Any thoughts anyone ??
I am also wondering whether I should reapply. My mother's TRV was submitted on 8 Nov, 021 and biometrics were completed on 2 Dec, 2021. No update since then. I raised a web form query and now am wondering whether reapplying on GC key makes any sense. It's not about money but whether re-application would be viewed negatively by IRCC.

Adriani

Jan 28, 2022
Hi Guys, I have applied visitor visa application for my parents on 16th August, 2021 and completed their biometrics on 9th September, 2021. So, far I have not heard anything from CIC. Raised web form twice to ask if I should apply again after reading 7th September guidelines. I was wondering if any of you have faced similar situation and decided to apply again using new portal ??? Did anyone got any success with new portal ?? I see one person go approval in 3 weeks. Thank you in advance!
Hi, can you give me the address of the new portal? I can't find it.

Adriani

Jan 28, 2022
Another question,did you create an account for yourself in the new ircc portal and apply for them or did you create their account and apply like it was them applying?
Hi, can you give me the address of the new portal? I can't find it. I used the gckey for my Application.

Adriani

Jan 28, 2022
it’s weird in this new portal, there’s not much form that needs to be submitted unlike the GCKEY. But in our application we submitted only what we need and see how it goes

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I am also wondering whether I should reapply. My mother's TRV was submitted on 8 Nov, 021 and biometrics were completed on 2 Dec, 2021. No update since then. I raised a web form query and now am wondering whether reapplying on GC key makes any sense. It's not about money but whether re-application would be viewed negatively by IRCC.
I have the same concern too

But looking at how SO many people got the approval, I am tempted to try

Reactions: august_leo

Adriani

Jan 28, 2022
Hello,

I submitted my inlaws and 2-year-old son's visit visa application last December 17, 2020(They are in India). I am waiting for my PGWP and my husband is waiting for his PR(We both are in Canada)

1st Application: Dec 17th, 2020
Biometrics: July 16th, 2021
4 Webforms raised(no response)

After the guidelines to reapply through the new portal

New Application submitted: Sep 24th, 2021(Didn't withdraw the old one)
Biometrics updated: Sep 25th, 2021
No update yet...

Is anyone in the same timeline?

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
I keep seeing here people say so and so date are being processed. How does one find out which date the ircc is at in processing visas? I applied on oct 31st on the new portal; biometrics were already done in aug 2021. No news and nothing is moving at all. Wondering if re-applying with an agent works better?

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi all, for those that have filled the form in the online ircc portal, for the work/ activities section were we are told told write what we have done in the last 10 years, please do i start from 2022 january back to 2012 January. i keep getting error! saying i missed a gap. or do i start from January 2012 to january 2022? please i would be grateful if anyone can help me.

Anu000

Sep 26, 2016
Hi, I want to apply visitor's visa for my parents. Can anyone suggest if it is ok to "apply for visa on their behalf", instead of asking my parents to apply?