+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

WilL H

Oct 25, 2021
Any updates from anyone who applied around October 25th? I applied for my parents and here is my timeline:

1. Old application in GC key: August 2021 ( I withdrew it later when i applied through the new portal)
2. Biometrics: Sep 6, 2021
3. New application in the new portal: Oct. 25th 2021.
Still no update after Oct. 25th. Did anyone apply in late October as well?

My parents are in Lebanon.

Thanks.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Any updates from anyone who applied around October 25th? I applied for my parents and here is my timeline:

1. Old application in GC key: August 2021 ( I withdrew it later when i applied through the new portal)
2. Biometrics: Sep 6, 2021
3. New application in the new portal: Oct. 25th 2021.
Still no update after Oct. 25th. Did anyone apply in late October as well?

My parents are in Lebanon.

Thanks.
I saw updates till Oct 21.
I and a few others here like @Thanos007 @PallaviSharma applied around the same time and are waiting. @Nitin-p too

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I also saw some people are waiting from mid September
yes. there is no order. but for some reason, Oct IRCC Portal applications were moving in some sequence till yesterday. I am not sure how it will be tomorrow. Luck is what matters the most sadly

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Hi,

I wanted to share my situation and see if someone else had faced a similar issue with CIC new portal.

I am inviting my spouse for a visit on TRV, using IRCC new portal. Under activities, i am providing all the activities since the age of 18.

Now the problem i am facing is because my wifi is currently doing her Master in home country and is working full time. When i enter both activities one under post secondary school (Masters) and under activity her current employment. It gives me the error and doesn't let me continue the application saying i have to provide all the activities with no gaps.

This is happening because Master degree and her ongoing employment are in parallel, once i remove her masters degree from the list, it allows me to proceed.

Incase if you are thinking, her masters started after she started working, and both items are on going. I have double checked and there are no gaps in them.

Can anyone guide me with this?

Thanks,
check if there any gaps in between jobs and mark the gap as " Enemployed' with " From " date to " TO " date.

May 9, 2016
found this thread today

Applied for my parents

1st application via gc key : 30 Dec 2020
Biometrics completed : 14 September 2021
No update since

2nd application via IRCC portal : 3 Oct 2021
Biometrics didnt get updated
called ircc- they told someone from ircc needs to verify the biometrics and then they get updated
submitted web form to withdraw this application
Biometrics got updated on this application in dec 2021

3rd application via IRCC portal : 21 Dec 2021
Biometrics got updated after 2 days
Waiting since then.

Not sure what else I can do , this is so unfair and has anyone called IRCC to ask for the applications which exceeded the processing time?
Hi,

I am travelling in the same boat.

Application Submitted: 1 JAN 2020
Biomatrics Completed: 29th JULY 2021
No Update Since.

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hey everyone,

I see a lot of people getting visas, congrats to all who got it. I had applied for my mother-in-laws' visit visa in August last year, still waiting for the update. Below is the timeline:
GC key portal : 14th Aug
Biometrics request : Aug 19
Biometrics done : 20th Oct (updated on the same day).
Applied on IRCC portal : Oct 29

Waiting for the response. Anyone here with the same timelines, I see a lot of Oct files are moving, that's a good sign.

Thanks!
Ive applied on oct 31st on the new portal, still waiting.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hi. Is Canada open to tourists yet? I've read a lot of people applying on
compassion grounds. But the CIC website says border is open to vaccinated travelers. Am I eligible to apply for tourist visa at this point and how long is the waiting time? And do I use the new portal or the GC key to apply?

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Hi. Is Canada open to tourists yet? I've read a lot of people applying on
compassion grounds. But the CIC website says border is open to vaccinated travelers. Am I eligible to apply for tourist visa at this point and how long is the waiting time? And do I use the new portal or the GC key to apply?
Non-essential travellers are not allowed currently. But you can apply for the TRV. Processing time is anyone's guess. Some are getting in days some are in weeks. If you are going to apply on non-essential grounds, your application would probably be put on hold for the time being.