+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

hardipsinh

Apr 26, 2017
Do you see any change in the ‘eligibility’ section of application status? Like “we are reviewing whether you are eligible……”

Has your old application been withdrawn?
I just logged into my gcKey account and noticed that eligibility status has been updated.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

IRCC Portal is same (no update):

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I just logged into my gcKey account and noticed that eligibility status has been updated.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

IRCC Portal is same (no update):

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
What date did you apply?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Timeline taken from his previous post -

1st Application submitted: 24th Aug 2021 (using GCKey)
Biometrics updated: 6th October 2021
2nd Application submitted: 12th Dec 2021 (using New IRCC Portal)
Thank you for sharing this

Seems to be completely random then

I saw the New Portal backlog had cleared up till Oct 20 for most part

hardipsinh

Apr 26, 2017
I am in the same boat as you,
Applied first time in June 2020, applications are still in processing.
Applied second time on December 15, 2021 - New applications are also in processing.
@hardipsinh - Will appreciate if you post when you see a progress, and I will do the same, thanks!
just posted my update in this thread

nancy0426

Nov 8, 2021
FYI

just checked -my original application gckey (June 2020) was withdrawn automatically on Jan 19
Ircc new portal application (Nov 11) is active no update yet.
let’s hope to get good news in couple of days
Crossed my due date too
So waiting on both

Reactions: Cyfa and BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I don't understand this whole situation anymore. People are waiting from Sep /Oct and beyond last year and newer applications from January are getting a visa just like that in 2-3 day. Disgusting.

Reactions: Ashsan

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Thank you for your revert. Could you please guide how did you prove their strong ties to their home country? My sister is single but owns a business and a freelancer as well. I am inviting her for 45 days along with my parents and she has sufficient financial backup to look after herself during the trip. But still, many consultants deny applying for her visa at this covid time.
Yes. Please tell what docs you showed for ties to home country and proof funds ?

azali

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi,

I wanted to share my situation and see if someone else had faced a similar issue with CIC new portal.

I am inviting my spouse for a visit on TRV, using IRCC new portal. Under activities, i am providing all the activities since the age of 18.

Now the problem i am facing is because my wifi is currently doing her Master in home country and is working full time. When i enter both activities one under post secondary school (Masters) and under activity her current employment. It gives me the error and doesn't let me continue the application saying i have to provide all the activities with no gaps.

This is happening because Master degree and her ongoing employment are in parallel, once i remove her masters degree from the list, it allows me to proceed.

Incase if you are thinking, her masters started after she started working, and both items are on going. I have double checked and there are no gaps in them.

Can anyone guide me with this?

Thanks,

Last edited:

gsriram86

Oct 28, 2020
My parents application shows as "Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details. " in CIC.gc.ca whereas its active in the new portal. What does this mean? should i worry?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My parents application shows as "Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details. " in CIC.gc.ca whereas its active in the new portal. What does this mean? should i worry?
Two things could happen

1. Your Portal application may be approved now that a decision has been made

2. You may have to wait now for the portal application to get approved in the next few days/weeks or whatever timeline IRCC chooses to

Nothing to worry. All the best

nancy0426

Nov 8, 2021
No it’s good that mean the looked at new application and withdraw old application so now they will work on new one
What is ur timeline ?

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Can someone who got visit visa approval and stamped on pp recently can let us know how long are they giving? New portal or old portal applications please advise.