+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Nitin-p

Sep 29, 2021
There is no way to ascertain that.

If you call IRCC they would say if the applicant is in India, then file is in New delhi

However all IRCC Portal Applicants are getting decision from Ottawa only. So it is unknown.
Exactly that is what he told me.

hardipsinh

Apr 26, 2017
Hey everyone,

I see a lot of people getting visas, congrats to all who got it. I had applied for my mother-in-laws' visit visa in August last year, still waiting for the update. Below is the timeline:
GC key portal : 14th Aug
Biometrics request : Aug 19
Biometrics done : 20th Oct (updated on the same day).
Applied on IRCC portal : Oct 29

Waiting for the response. Anyone here with the same timelines, I see a lot of Oct files are moving, that's a good sign.

Thanks!
Same for me..

Applied for my parents visitor visa.

Timeline:

1st Application submitted: 24th Aug 2021 (using GCKey)
Biometrics updated: 6th October 2021
2nd Application submitted: 12th Dec 2021 (using New IRCC Portal)

No response at all. both applications are as it is.

Reactions: Ricky5206

amukhokher

Jan 24, 2022
I need help. Please someone guide me here.
I submitted online application for mu parents visitor visa (timeline below) on IRCC site. But didn't attach any additional documents. Only basic needed online during this application submission: Passport copies, aadhar card, their marriage certificate. Now there is no option of submitting any other their financial documents/invitation letter from me etc... where can I submit these supporting documents in IRCC portal now??

Application submitted: 19 Jan 2022
Biometrics request: 20 Jan 2022
Biometrics appointment: 2 Feb 2022
I have also applied through IRCC Portal , I have uploaded invitation letter in "letter of Invitation' section and there was separate section for 'Proof of Funds' , I have uploaded financial documents there. Also, I have uploaded remaing documents in'Additional documents' sction.

My timelines are :
Application submitted: 14 Jan 2022
Biometrics request: 15 Jan 2022
Biometrics appointment: 3 Feb 2022

Almost same as you.. Lets keep in touch !!

Reactions: oakville2019

drstrange

Nov 6, 2016
Hi, I noticed the same thing. Earlier the selection was, 'To unite with an Immediate Family member who is a Canadian Citizen or PR', but now that option has vanished and I had to select the option you mentioned above.

I guess our solution would be to just attach the documents under supporting documents now? let me know if you find out anything. Thank you!
I did almost the same thing that you suggested but instead of uploading them through the additional doc section I attached them with my invitation letter and uploaded the letter along with those docs through the Proof (fund) option. My parents completed gave their Biometrics today. Let's see what happens next. :oops: Thanks for your reply!

Sathish18

Jul 14, 2020
Got my In-law's visitor visa approved yesterday.
Below time line :

Submitted: Dec 21 via new IRCC portal
Biometrics : Dec 29 in Chennai - India VFS location
passport Request : Jan 24

I have one query related to passport submission request. In India, since In-person appointments are restricted and we have to opt the service of "Passport submission service via 2-way courier" via web form, But, I do not find the service available in our location -- It show below message in webform :-

"The courier service is not available in your location. Please input another Pin code and check serviceability. The courier service is not available in your location. Please input another Pin code and check serviceability".

Can anyone advise on the above case on how to submit our passport from our pincode location or link to any other threads to check on this ?

Thanks,
Sathish

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Hello All,

just a quick question I got my approval last week for visitors visa. They have sent me an email to submit the passport for visa stamping. With the link in a email to find the location of VAC centers. But I’m not able to find the right information on VAC sites to send the passport. I live in Texas.

Can you please help me advising the instructions on how to send and return the passport being in Texas. Thanks

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Got my In-law's visitor visa approved yesterday.
Below time line :

Submitted: Dec 21 via new IRCC portal
Biometrics : Dec 29 in Chennai - India VFS location
passport Request : Jan 24

I have one query related to passport submission request. In India, since In-person appointments are restricted and we have to opt the service of "Passport submission service via 2-way courier" via web form, But, I do not find the service available in our location -- It show below message in webform :-

"The courier service is not available in your location. Please input another Pin code and check serviceability. The courier service is not available in your location. Please input another Pin code and check serviceability".

Can anyone advise on the above case on how to submit our passport from our pincode location or link to any other threads to check on this ?

Thanks,
Sathish
[/
Hello,

just a quick question I got my approval last week for visitors visa. They have sent me an email to submit the passport for visa stamping. With the link in a email to find the location of VAC centers. But I’m not able to find the right information on VAC sites to send the passport. I live in Texas.

Can you please help me advising the instructions on how to send and return the passport being in Texas. Thanks

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
It is so disappointing to see. Cic never process the application based on their processing time. Now it is increasing every week. Two weeks ago, for India it was 45, now 59☹

Tanyaverma7

Jan 25, 2022
Hi, I am new in this portal. I want to apply for my fiance’s visitor visa. I am a permanent resident of canada. I don’t know if this portal is just for parents and spouse visa or can I apply for finace??

Ryan Gotham

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Same for me..

Applied for my parents visitor visa.

Timeline:

1st Application submitted: 24th Aug 2021 (using GCKey)
Biometrics updated: 6th October 2021
2nd Application submitted: 12th Dec 2021 (using New IRCC Portal)

No response at all. both applications are as it is.
Do you see any change in the ‘eligibility’ section of application status? Like “we are reviewing whether you are eligible……”

Has your old application been withdrawn?