+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I got BVL for spouse visa today Jan 23 also. Submitted on Oct 15 through New portal. Biometrics completed on Nov 18. Hopefully I get approved and get PPR soon. Pretty anxious now that I didn't get BVL and PPR at the same time.
Do not panic. BVL and Decision is usually seconds or minutes away and right now , some new portal applicants are getting this in a gap of a few days too. So just be confident and I hope your PPR is well on its way. All the best Karmandeep. I hope to see your PPR post here soon

shirin1313

Jul 5, 2019
Hey All,
I'm applying for my brother, I'm a permanent resident of Canada, when I create an account for him, the document list that I have to send does not have a "proof of relationship" or "proof of status", is this normal?
I just received the following documents,

National identity document
Passport/travel document
Funds (proof)

Rj1989

Jan 24, 2022
Hello
I have submitted my parents visitor visa through gckey on October 6,2021.
I was pregnant at the time,attached letter from doctor that I was due in November.
Then I gave birth had to go through c section ,I ended up attaching another letter that I had c section and I need someone to take care of me and baby.
But so far still waiting on decision from immigration.

Then I have recently contacted one of my company's immigration lawyer who told me that the delay could be that my parent's biometrics were never done. After the biometrics it should not take more than 2 weeks.
I hired a consultant to apply my parents visa from India itself,and she has previously processed their visa two years ago and they got approved.After pushing her a lot about the biometrics, she booked their appointment on 31st January.

I am not sure how the process goes.
Does anyone knows how long it takes to get ppr after biometrics?Any answer or positive vibe along my way will help.

I really need my parents here sooner than later.
P.S- we are PR in canada since 2016.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Hello
I have submitted my parents visitor visa through gckey on October 6,2021.
I was pregnant at the time,attached letter from doctor that I was due in November.
Then I gave birth had to go through c section ,I ended up attaching another letter that I had c section and I need someone to take care of me and baby.
But so far still waiting on decision from immigration.

Then I have recently contacted one of my company's immigration lawyer who told me that the delay could be that my parent's biometrics were never done. After the biometrics it should not take more than 2 weeks.
I hired a consultant to apply my parents visa from India itself,and she has previously processed their visa two years ago and they got approved.After pushing her a lot about the biometrics, she booked their appointment on 31st January.

I am not sure how the process goes.
Does anyone knows how long it takes to get ppr after biometrics?Any answer or positive vibe along my way will help.

I really need my parents here sooner than later.
P.S- we are PR in canada since 2016.
Sadly, there are no strict timelines. It could take a couple of days to a couple of months. It has been the case for most people here at least.

basit6006

Jan 28, 2020
I got BVL for spouse visa today Jan 23 also. Submitted on Oct 15 through New portal. Biometrics completed on Nov 18. Hopefully I get approved and get PPR soon. Pretty anxious now that I didn't get BVL and PPR at the same time.
Hi brother .
I want to sponsor my wife for visitors visa to come in holidays . How can I apply . I have few questions regarding this. Are you a Canada permanent resident and did you applied for visitors visa or spousal sponsorship application? What documents did you attached.
Your help will be great I will wait for your reply.
Thanks

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Is this new portal only for visitor visa applications or for all types of applications? I am new to this so if you have any useful information regarding this, please let me know. thank you.

I also submitted an application in December from the old platform, so if new portal is the way to go, then is there any way to link that application to new portal?

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Is this new portal only for visitor visa applications or for all types of applications? I am new to this so if you have any useful information regarding this, please let me know. thank you.

I also submitted an application in December from the old platform, so if new portal is the way to go, then is there any way to link that application to new portal?
It looks like this new portal is only for visit visas . open below link & you will see ..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html

when you follow the link & do the selections, it will lead you to open an account in new portal or GCkey depending on your answers..

you can also go directly to new portal and open an account if you wish to do so, new portal link as below.
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
It looks like this new portal is only for visit visas . open below link & you will see ..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html

when you follow the link & do the selections, it will lead you to open an account in new portal or GCkey depending on your answers..

you can also go directly to new portal and open an account if you wish to do so, new portal link as below.
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
Thank you for the answer, and yes I have created an account on the new portal.. but I do have a visitor visa application that I submitted in December, so is there a way to transfer that old application from the old platform to new one?

please let me know if anyone knows about what's possible and not.

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Thank you for the answer, and yes I have created an account on the new portal.. but I do have a visitor visa application that I submitted in December, so is there a way to transfer that old application from the old platform to new one?

please let me know if anyone knows about what's possible and not.
Yes, you have to link your old application when you submit your new applicaton. check below youtube link .

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
What is your status in Canada and is spouse sponsorship under consideration?

WanderWoman

Feb 19, 2016
If you applied for trv through gckey and decided to reapply via ircc portal, do you have to withdraw the application made in gckey?