+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Hello All,

just a quick question I got my approval last week for visitors visa. They have sent me an email to submit the passport for visa stamping. With the link in a email to find the location of VAC centers. But I’m not able to find the right information on VAC sites to send the passport. I live in Texas.

Can you please help me advising the instructions on how to send and return the passport being in Texas. Thanks
Try to contact VFS USA and get their assistance to find the nearest VAC to you. contact details can be found on below link

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/contact-us

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I applied for my parents visit visa this January from Pakistan to visit my sister who is in Canada and expecting her 3rd child, who need parents support. I have attached property documents of my parents and business registration of my father and along with my sister doctor’s certificate and invitation letter.
Today I got refusal letter stating based on family ties in Canada and in your country of resisdance. I showed combined bank statement close to 20,000 CAD.
What should I do next. Should I reapply or not? Need your guidance.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I applied for my parents visit visa this January from Pakistan to visit my sister who is in Canada and expecting her 3rd child, who need parents support. I have attached property documents of my parents and business registration of my father and along with my sister doctor’s certificate and invitation letter.
Today I got refusal letter stating based on family ties in Canada and in your country of resisdance. I showed combined bank statement close to 20,000 CAD.
Does your parents also holding the valid USA visa as well ? And what's the timeline of your parent's visa application ?

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
The best option is to order GCMS to understand the correct/detailed reasons for this refusal, correct those issues and apply again.. applying without checking GCMS notes may end up being refusal again if you don't address the issues ...

Reactions: Fasih Khan

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
The best option is to order GCMS to understand the correct/detailed reasons for this refusal, correct those issues and apply again.. applying without checking GCMS notes may end up being refusal again if you don't address the issues ...
Thank you so much for your reply. Can you tell me the procedure to apply for GCMS notes?

niravrocky

Oct 23, 2021
Hi all, I am applying visitor visa for my in laws (me and my spouse are pr) using new portal and have 2 doubts if anyone can clarify -
  1. Can I apply using my portal as a representative for them. They are outside canada and I am in canada
  2. Confused between which option should I select now that under any option there is no proof of relationship or proof of family member status needed(initially it showed as required documents under option (that option now doesn't exist) of child who is immediate family member and who is pr) . Does it mean my spouse neither need to show any proof of being PR in Canada nor to prove relation with them or should i add those in optional documents? -
    • To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
      • There are 5 docs National identity document, Passport/travel document, Funds (proof), Use of representative IMM5476, Marriage certificate
    • To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
      • There are 6 docs Invitation Letter, National identity document, Passport/travel document, Funds (proof), Use of representative IMM5476, Marriage certificte
Below are all the options but any option is not including direct child except super visa option. Only non-dependent child and supervisa meets the criteria I believe but as I explained above the non-dependent options doesn't have those 2 documents under required -
Why do you need a visa? (required)
To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)

aaradhya91

Nov 12, 2018
I was able to get visitor visas for two of my younger siblings (brother and sister), and they’re here in Canada with me as we speak. It is challenging, but not impossible.
Thank you for your revert. Could you please guide how did you prove their strong ties to their home country? My sister is single but owns a business and a freelancer as well. I am inviting her for 45 days along with my parents and she has sufficient financial backup to look after herself during the trip. But still, many consultants deny applying for her visa at this covid time.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
hello please i need an urgent answer to this question.

Please for the use of Representative form, do we need to just write our name on the Signature part, or we need to actually sign it with a pen?

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016
Same for me..

Applied for my parents visitor visa.

Timeline:

1st Application submitted: 24th Aug 2021 (using GCKey)
Biometrics updated: 6th October 2021
2nd Application submitted: 12th Dec 2021 (using New IRCC Portal)

No response at all. both applications are as it is.
I am in the same boat as you,
Applied first time in June 2020, applications are still in processing.
Applied second time on December 15, 2021 - New applications are also in processing.
@hardipsinh - Will appreciate if you post when you see a progress, and I will do the same, thanks!

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
Please do i have to print it out and sign it, then scan it to my mom to print and sign as well? is that what i can do? thank you
Well I did the other way round. I sent them to print and sign it and scan and send me back then I printed and signed but yes that is what you will have to do