+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Jattsingh90

Oct 11, 2021
In my opinion, make 1 PDF file with all documents ( except those which they already gave Upload space ) and upload them in Optional Document.
That’s the issue the file should not be more than 2mb
“additional documents” and “Employment Letter (current)” both are optional documents.

right now additional documents are full and that’s why thinking to upload empoyment documents in employment letter but in description it is showing copy of a letter from canadian employer.

i think they write wrong description may be. They just want to know about candidate’s current employment.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
That’s the issue the file should not be more than 2mb
“additional documents” and “Employment Letter (current)” both are optional documents.

right now additional documents are full and that’s why thinking to upload empoyment documents in employment letter but in description it is showing copy of a letter from canadian employer.

i think they write wrong description may be. They just want to know about candidate’s current employment.
That's what I'm saying, if you read ot, it clearly says Employers letter from Canadian company if going for work in Canada ,, and second thing you can compress the PDF file using PDF Compressor App.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Hello
Anyone knows what is the correct purpose of travel to choose for visiting my sister for 1 month?
1. to Reunite with extended family membrr who is a permanent resident or
2. To visit family/friends for less than 6 months

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
Anyone knows what is the correct purpose of travel to choose for visiting my sister for 1 month?
1. to Reunite with extended family membrr who is a permanent resident or
2. To visit family/friends for less than 6 months
I asked the same question and I'm looking forward to the responses

Feb 11, 2021
My case, maybe useful for some.
Inviter: study permit holder
invitees: spouse and kids
first Application: March 2021, biometrics done, then under processing forever :D

Resubmit to IRCC portal: 13/9 -> 27/9 passport requested/approved
UCI: use the previous ones in GCKey, after submitting and pay $100/applicant -> automatically recognize biometrics information.
Reason: To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
Finance: around 20k
Explanation letter: Why visit at this time, travel plan in detail + vaccine records
Very happy for you! I have a study permit but haven’t traveled to Canada yet. I plan on arriving in Canada in December and meanwhile I am waiting for an outcome on TRV application for spouse and children. It would be nice if my family could travel to Canada with me.

Question: Were you in Canada when you resubmitted your family’s application? I assume I should enter Canada before I resubmit the family’s TRV applications.

Thanks.

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.

Hello,

Can you please share how you booked biometric for parenets,did you use VFS portal , I was trying but there is no appointment.

When I select date and submit it says select date and time slot, but no time slot is given to select.

Please if you can share how you booked form India or anyone on this forum please share.

Thanks.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hello,

Can you please share how you booked biometric for parenets,did you use VFS portal , I was trying but there is no appointment.

When I select date and submit it says select date and time slot, but no time slot is given to select.

Please if you can share how you booked form India or anyone on this forum please share.

Thanks.
If it is not displaying any time slots, it means that those dates are already booked...try selecting the next month like November or December for appointment.

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

Thanks.
Where are you applying from? I used the VFS Portal Philippines. There are available dates for biometrics. I am not sure about your location you're applying from.

qasim537

Oct 4, 2021
HI Everyone,

I applied for my parents visit visa yesterday. My only concern is that at the end it asked me who will you choose as a principal applicant so I chose my father. Now once I submitted the application, the record in the portal was updated. For my father application, the client application summary is available.

Client Application SummaryOctober 13, 2021October 13, 2021
Submission ConfirmationOctober 13, 2021October 13, 2021
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionOctober 13, 2021October 13, 2021

But when I check my mothers application, it only shows below details

Is it normal ?

The data which was inserted for my mothers application is not available.

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
HI Everyone,

I applied for my parents visit visa yesterday. My only concern is that at the end it asked me who will you choose as a principal applicant so I chose my father. Now once I submitted the application, the record in the portal was updated. For my father application, the client application summary is available.

Client Application SummaryOctober 13, 2021October 13, 2021

But when I check my mothers application, it only shows below details

Is it normal ?

The data which was inserted for my mothers application is not available.
It happened on my mother in law and sister in law application. My sister in law got her app summary and biometric request 3 days after the submission.