+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi Everyone - need help,

My mom stayed with us for 11 month last year on visit visa, now I am applying for her supervisa and I got stuck on below question

"List your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where you've lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months"

Do I add Canada as she was here for more than 6 months ?

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Thank you so much!
That is correct. They have U.S. non-immigrant visa, that is the reason I believe the proof of funds is not showing up. ;
Just to double verify, I did remove the USA VISA details from the application, then the proof of fund is showing up.

is this the same thread/page where you have seen the discussion about the USA Visa or any other thread , if you remember. please let me know. Thank you in advance.
I dont remember where exactly I read the US visa reference from but I am sure I read it couple of times on various discussions on this forum

u can add proof of funds in the other documents section just to boost ur case

with valid US visas and travel history to the US the chances of being given Canadian visa improve

Good luck

Reactions: Zay11

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my parent's visa through the ircc portal. My father has a business so I want to confirm what would be sufficient for proof of funds and showing ties back to India.

Proof of funds:
- Father's ITR (can someone confirm if a complete ITR is required or only the acknowledgment will do?
- Business GST RC
- Father's Bank Statement
- My own salary slips and employment letter (since I am saying that I will be taking care of expenses while they are here)

Ties bank:
- Some property papers

Is there anything else that I need to provide?

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
I am getting an error on fee payment screen. Applying for both parents but at payment screen only biometric fee of $85 for one application is showing no other visa fee is showing. Do anyone get same error?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my parent's visa through the ircc portal. My father has a business so I want to confirm what would be sufficient for proof of funds and showing ties back to India.

Proof of funds:
- Father's ITR (can someone confirm if a complete ITR is required or only the acknowledgment will do?
- Business GST RC
- Father's Bank Statement
- My own salary slips and employment letter (since I am saying that I will be taking care of expenses while they are here)

Ties bank:
- Some property papers

Is there anything else that I need to provide?
Bank statement showing liquid funds is the most important to show proof of funds. Anything in business accounts may not be considered. Your salary slips are irrelevant even if you say you will take care of expenses. For visitor visa only funds of the applicant are considered. Your funds / income is considered if you are applying for super visa.

S.Malik

Jan 25, 2023
Hi all,
I applied visit visa application in jan 2023. My existing biometrics were valid but I answered YES to question in application form that I want to give new biometrics & also paid the biometrics fee. I applied via IRCC online portal.
My concern is; I haven’t received biometrics request letter yet whereas my existing biometrics data is updated in online portal accurately.
Anyone encountered such scenario...?
Thank you,

S.Malik

Jan 25, 2023
I dont remember where exactly I read the US visa reference from but I am sure I read it couple of times on various discussions on this forum

u can add proof of funds in the other documents section just to boost ur case

with valid US visas and travel history to the US the chances of being given Canadian visa improve

Good luck
If you have valid non immigrant USA visa then ur application would be considered as CAN+ application & for that you don’t need to show any financial documents...

SINGH5911

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 nov 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
07/12/16
Hi all,
I applied visit visa application in jan 2023. My existing biometrics were valid but I answered YES to question in application form that I want to give new biometrics & also paid the biometrics fee. I applied via IRCC online portal.
My concern is; I haven’t received biometrics request letter yet whereas my existing biometrics data is updated in online portal accurately.
Anyone encountered such scenario...?
Thank you,
U will not get new request if old one are valid

S.Malik

Jan 25, 2023
U will not get new request if old one are valid
Why?
In visa form there are two questions
Q1: Do we have ur biometrics already & are they valid ? Answer was YES
Q2: Do you want to give ur biometrics again? Answer was YES

In the end they charged the fee $85 as well.

I also would like to mention; my existing biometrics are valid but not valid for too long that is why I want to give new biometrics.

Have you gone through same situation...?
In worst case if I don’t receive biometrics request then how can I claim the refund of biometrics fee...?
Thank you,

wicked31

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
I am reapplying for my parents visitor visa using the new IRCC portal. In documents upload, its asking for proof of funds and marriage certificate for both applicants whereas in GC key , only one applicant had to upload these documents. Not sure if I made an error while doing the application.
My mother is a homemaker hence no income source, can I upload my father's bank statement instead? Also do I need to upload letter of invitation for both parents? Basically, it's asking to upload same documents as other parent.

Can someone please advise! Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am reapplying for my parents visitor visa using the new IRCC portal. In documents upload, its asking for proof of funds and marriage certificate for both applicants whereas in GC key , only one applicant had to upload these documents. Not sure if I made an error while doing the application.
My mother is a homemaker hence no income source, can I upload my father's bank statement instead? Also do I need to upload letter of invitation for both parents? Basically, it's asking to upload same documents as other parent.

Can someone please advise! Thanks
It is correct. Just upload same documents twice. Even thought it is the same application; each applicant is processed separately. There are cases where one applicant may be approved for visitor visa and other applicant is denied. It is not very common but can happen.

jackmiller

Dec 30, 2020
Glad to share timeline of my inlaws approved visitor visa applications -
We are PR and I applied for them through new portal as a representative -

Application date - Jan 28
Bimetrics instruction letter - Jan 28
Biometrics done - Feb 2
BVL Biometrics validation letter - Feb 14
PPR Passport request - Feb 14

Eligibility shows - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background shows processing

Thanks to group members sharing recent timelines which helped know about current scenario. All the best to all.
Hi, I am also applying visitor visa for my parents.

Which option did you select? I am confused between the two options.

1. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's
Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.

2. To visit other family member or friend not listed above.

I would appreciate any help regarding this.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am also applying visitor visa for my parents.

Which option did you select? I am confused between the two options.

1. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's
Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.

2. To visit other family member or friend not listed above.

I would appreciate any help regarding this.

Thank you.
If you are PR or citizen then 1.