+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

somm2202

Jun 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please I have an issue bothering me and needs an advise.

My Mum is in Canada. The validity of the passport and visitors visa she used for this her visit is June 25 2022.

So we got a new passport and I applied for a new visitors visa for her and the visa was granted.

So my question is:
Since the passport and visa she used to enter Canada for this her visit will expire in June, and she has a new passport amd new visa, can we extend her stay and she continues stay with the new visa.

Or must she leave Canada at the expiration of the old visa and passport and then re-enter with the new visa and passport.

I am trying to avoid the cost of flight tickets woth these travels. Anyone with any info that can clear my confusion please help.

Thank you.

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
My parents had applied for their visit visa and also got biometrics done. Today when I logged into their account (IRCC visit visa portal), I cannot see any submitted application as if there was no activity in the account though on Sunday I checked and it had all details, including letter confirming biometric validity. Is that a technical glitch? Someone else facing this?

can.alb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
My parents had applied for their visit visa and also got biometrics done. Today when I logged into their account (IRCC visit visa portal), I cannot see any submitted application as if there was no activity in the account though on Sunday I checked and it had all details, including letter confirming biometric validity. Is that a technical glitch? Someone else facing this?
I have the same issue. i logged in to the account to see my parents application status and there was nothing in the account as if no application was ever submitted. Not sure whats happening. If it's a glitch hopefully they resolve it soon. Keep me posted if anything changes on yours

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Hopefully IIRCC would clear all the backlogs by Feb. Good luck to all waiting!

Highlights of Canada announces the clearance of visit visa backlogs by February 2023
  • IRCC Canada aims to clear visit visa application backlogs by the end of February 2023.
  • IRCC has planned to ease eligibility criteria for the visit visa applicants, which might help nearly half a million applications for processing.
  • The wait times for visit visas might come down soon with these two potential strategies.
  • IRCC will process around 195,000 applications in the first approach and relax the eligibility criteria for 450,000 applicants.
  • Canada to begin Flagpoling again to renew work or study permits that lead to Canada PR process.
  • Foreign nationals could convert a visit visa from a work visa permit without exiting Canada if they met eligibility criteria.

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hopefully IIRCC would clear all the backlogs by Feb. Good luck to all waiting!

Highlights of Canada announces the clearance of visit visa backlogs by February 2023
  • IRCC Canada aims to clear visit visa application backlogs by the end of February 2023.
  • IRCC has planned to ease eligibility criteria for the visit visa applicants, which might help nearly half a million applications for processing.
  • The wait times for visit visas might come down soon with these two potential strategies.
  • IRCC will process around 195,000 applications in the first approach and relax the eligibility criteria for 450,000 applicants.
  • Canada to begin Flagpoling again to renew work or study permits that lead to Canada PR process.
  • Foreign nationals could convert a visit visa from a work visa permit without exiting Canada if they met eligibility criteria.
Hi many thanks for sharing this can you pls also share the link for this information?

Reactions: Kornet

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I have the same issue. i logged in to the account to see my parents application status and there was nothing in the account as if no application was ever submitted. Not sure whats happening. If it's a glitch hopefully they resolve it soon. Keep me posted if anything changes on yours
I checked right now and the applications are back now.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, can anyone please help on the below.

I am PR in Canada and am applying visitor visa for my parents (Not super visa), there is a question "Why do you need a Visa?"
what would be the appropriate option to select for this question

- To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
- To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months

Reactions: Kornet

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Hi, can anyone please help on the below.

I am PR in Canada and am applying visitor visa for my parents (Not super visa), there is a question "Why do you need a Visa?"
what would be the appropriate option to select for this question

- To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
- To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
First option
non dependent child who is a permanent resident of Canada

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
First option
non dependent child who is a permanent resident of Canada
Thank you. If select the option 1 then I don't see the letter of invitation and also Proof of fund is not there in the document list.
so should I put Letter of invitation and the Proof of funds and also Explanation letter from parents all into the additional document section ?

Below are the list of documents for Option 1
Option - 1 : Non Dependent child
Document name

National identity document
Passport/travel document
Use of representative IMM5476
Marriage certificate

Below are the documents for Option 2

Option - 2 Less than 6 months
Document name

Letter of invitation
Passport/travel document
Funds (proof)
Marriage certificate

Last edited:

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are online statements from Indian banks acceptable for Canada visitor visa ? Anyone having personal experience ?

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Thank you. If select the option 1 then I don't see the letter of invitation and also Proof of fund is not there in the document list.
so should I put Letter of invitation and the Proof of funds and also Explanation letter from parents all into the additional document section ?

Below are the list of documents for Option 1
Option - 1 : Non Dependent child
Document name

Passport/travel document
Marriage certificate

Below are the documents for Option 2

Option - 2 Less than 6 months
Document name

Letter of invitation
Passport/travel document
Funds (proof)
Marriage certificate
u shouldn't select option 2 as they are ur parents and u r a PR holder which puts u in option 1 category.

yes there is no field to upload invitation letter, so what I did was, I put my invitation letter in the other documents section.

there was however the option to upload proof of funds. which I am surprised y u r not getting in ur list of docs. please double check your selections and see what the trouble is.

also I have read on this forum if applicants hold valid US visa they do not need to show proof of funds (I am not too sure about this as I have not experienced it myself) if this is ur case probably that's y it doesn't required proof of funds. however I think funds are an integral part of applying for any visa so I would suggest u do add up the bank statements and everything else that shows proof of funds to the other documents section so it becomes part of ur application.
Good luck

Reactions: Zay11

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello,
we're trying to apply for visit visa for my husband's sister and her 2 children. Will it be a concern and more chance of rejection that she wants to apply for her children too? Her spouse will remain in home country and will provide with consent to travel + will bear financial expenses. Trip will be 2-4 weeks. Thanks!

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
u shouldn't select option 2 as they are ur parents and u r a PR holder which puts u in option 1 category.

yes there is no field to upload invitation letter, so what I did was, I put my invitation letter in the other documents section.

there was however the option to upload proof of funds. which I am surprised y u r not getting in ur list of docs. please double check your selections and see what the trouble is.

also I have read on this forum if applicants hold valid US visa they do not need to show proof of funds (I am not too sure about this as I have not experienced it myself) if this is ur case probably that's y it doesn't required proof of funds. however I think funds are an integral part of applying for any visa so I would suggest u do add up the bank statements and everything else that shows proof of funds to the other documents section so it becomes part of ur application.
Good luck
Thank you so much!
That is correct. They have U.S. non-immigrant visa, that is the reason I believe the proof of funds is not showing up. ;
Just to double verify, I did remove the USA VISA details from the application, then the proof of fund is showing up.

is this the same thread/page where you have seen the discussion about the USA Visa or any other thread , if you remember. please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: ahs

RickonDesert

Jan 24, 2023
Good Morning everyone, I need some help with my parents application
1. Where do we need to attach SOP? Is it with invitation letter?
2. If we have fixed assets, do we show it in POF or additional document?
3. For Accompanying members, do we need to upload SOP as well
Thank you everyone for help