+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Mar 24, 2022
An update,
Finally, got the passport stamped. I'm sharing the timeline here.
Application: 20th Feb
Biometrics: 23rd Feb
RFP: 17th Nov
Passport submitted: 21st Nov (VAC Lahore Pakistan)
Passport returned: 25th Nov

Overall it took over 9 months for the complete process.
Hi please did you submit your passport in person or what’s the process?

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
Hi please did you submit your passport in person or what’s the process?
You have to take the letter and the passport to VAC/VFS and they'll help you with the process.
My parents went to drop off the passport at Lahore VFS in person.
During the covid time, they were asking to post the passports only but now you can walk in and do it yourself.

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am applying for my parents Visitor visa. I am a PR in Canada. While filling the application I noticed that it was quite long infact longer than my own PR application. Is this normal? Also I was being asked details of my Grandparents name DOB, Place of birth and so on. Is it normal to get these questions in a visitor visa application or is this something new since the IRCC portal was launched. Thanks in advance!
It is normal. I also had to find the details of my grandparents. It was challenging in my grandfather's DOB as he has been dead for over 35 years.

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Hello All,
I have applied for parents visitor visa less than 6 months.
Is medical required for them?
no medical required for visit visa

Reactions: anki91

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
During the application process, the system could not find biometric details of my parents who had fingerprinted themselves less than 10 years ago. So I paid the biometric fees as was instructed. But after application submission, a message says 'biometrics not required'. So will IRCC refund the biometric fees?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking to apply for visitor visa for in-laws.
Both are working as govt employees, but have like 4K in their account.

Which portal would be ideal to apply? New or Old?
if I am sponsoring for them, is that okay if they have less funds in their account (where I have 15K in my account).
We have expected journey date, but no flight tickets are booked yet. Also we don't want to book tickets until Visitor Visa is approved. How are others handling this?

Thank you in advance.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi I have a unique situation - my family has applied for a visitor visa from India, and has filled up the biometric request form. The date that VFS provided - my family can't make it. Is there a way to reschedule it? The language in the FAQ is very confusing.. as in:|

A) How is failure to attend different from re-schedule?
B) Do I need to inform someone if I cannot attend?
C) What happens if I can't give biometrics within 30 days?

Can someone please guide me?

Failure to attend allotted appointment: In an event that you are unable to attend your biometric appointment at the allotted date and time, you will be blocked from requesting an appointment for 5 calendar days. After 5 calendar days, you may raise a new request which will be served on a first come first serve basis.

Re-schedule or Cancel Appointment: Owing to the huge demand for biometric appointments, we will not be able to entertain any request for re-schedule or cancellation of appointments. You are strongly suggested to adhere to your allotted date and time failing which, your appointment request will be queued at the end.

m3us

Oct 13, 2016
Here is another datapoint for the rest of you. CIC rejected my sister's visit visa application :(. She is a student in India and the plan was for her to accompany my mother who already has a Canadian visit visa. They were supposed to tour Ontario in the summer with me.
Applied 11/24
Biometric 12/6
Rejection 12/18
Reasons cited: insufficient funds and itinerary does not match TRV
My parents were going to sponsor the trip and my sisters account did not have a lot of money so I would suggest funding primary applicants account regardless of sponsorship. Not sure about itinerary mismatch, it was a week long trip.
My parents applied for Canadian visit visas in UAE and the process was easier.
Hope this helps someone

Last edited:

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me how much do you show for visitor visa? I am planning to bring my mother in law. I am just confused how much money she needs to show from her end. Can I bypass this showing my income as a Canadian Citizen?

TIA.

Reactions: KKE

thebohogirl

Jul 14, 2021
Hi Everyone.
I applied for my sibling who is in Uk on work permit to visit me in Canada.We applied on 23rd July 2022 . He had already give biometrics in past so he didn’t have to give this time. The review hasn’t even started. I called IRCC few days back and they told the file is in Uk so they aren’t able to give me any other information on the file and I’ll have to contact Uk office for that. There is no contact information for them. The timeline of visitor visa from Uk is 138 days and it’s already been 156 days for us.
Any suggestions?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone.
I applied for my sibling who is in Uk on work permit to visit me in Canada.We applied on 23rd July 2022 . He had already give biometrics in past so he didn’t have to give this time. The review hasn’t even started. I called IRCC few days back and they told the file is in Uk so they aren’t able to give me any other information on the file and I’ll have to contact Uk office for that. There is no contact information for them. The timeline of visitor visa from Uk is 138 days and it’s already been 156 days for us.
Any suggestions?
Raise a webform. It doesn’t mean it will be processed in 138 days. Just that most are. Sibling has to show ties to home country, own funds and travel history.

thebohogirl

Jul 14, 2021
Raise a webform. It doesn’t mean it will be processed in 138 days. Just that most are. Sibling has to show ties to home country, own funds and travel history.
We have shown his ties to Uk . His employment letter there. He works in health care and showed around £10k-£12k funds.
I also showed around CAD $6000 and my employment letter. We showed his travel history too.

Reactions: newuser86

quujaz

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Bonjour, je suis un homme du Maroc et un bon ouvrier et j'aimerais travailler au Canada en tant que soudeur mig mag et soumi automatique et électrode et assembleur et mounteur estructures metalliques Lourdes et j'aimerais rejoindre une entreprise et y travailler et aidez le et merci beaucoup
Bonjour,
Il y a actuellement les journees Quebec au Maroc. Postulez avant le 10 Janvier sur ce site il y a beaucoup d'emploi pour Soudeurs:
https://www.quebecentete.com/inititiaves-recrutement/travailleur-journees-quebec-maroc-2023