+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Guys I really need your suggestions. My spouse vv got rejected third time even after applying for spousal sponsorship. I reapplied after an year, after 2nd rejection. I got rejection exactly after 2 weeks of application. And generic reason, purpose of visit and strong ties. I applied this time through an agent as well. What can I do next?

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Guys I really need your suggestions. My spouse vv got rejected third time even after applying for spousal sponsorship. I reapplied after an year, after 2nd rejection. I got rejection exactly after 2 weeks of application. And generic reason, purpose of visit and strong ties. I applied this time through an agent as well. What can I do next?
Guys please help. I am pregnant and due in 3 months. I really want my husband here

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Guys please help. I am pregnant and due in 3 months. I really want my husband here
Unfortunately this isn't going to work, and there's no point in applying again and again. You should've applied for Spousal Sponsorship + Visitor Visa (expressing dual intent) from the beginning. They will always see you (and then your unborn child) as a "strong tie" and assume he will not go back once his authorized stay is complete. Nothing else, nothing, will trump or supercede the strength of tie of spouse and child, regardless of his job, status, properties, and business in India.

Best would've been to (and I'm not judging), but for anyone else in similar boat and is reading this post, please do family planning accordingly because this is a very crucial time for all mothers to be, and they need all the emotional, mental, physical support they require. The anxiety and panic attacks, mood swings, and the need of having the spouse nearby is of utmost importance.

Reactions: preethy.wils

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Unfortunately this isn't going to work, and there's no point in applying again and again. You should've applied for Spousal Sponsorship + Visitor Visa (expressing dual intent) from the beginning. They will always see you (and then your unborn child) as a "strong tie" and assume he will not go back once his authorized stay is complete. Nothing else, nothing, will trump or supercede the strength of tie of spouse and child, regardless of his job, status, properties, and business in India.

Best would've been to (and I'm not judging), but for anyone else in similar boat and is reading this post, please do family planning accordingly because this is a very crucial time for all mothers to be, and they need all the emotional, mental, physical support they require. The anxiety and panic attacks, mood swings, and the need of having the spouse nearby is of utmost importance.
I have applied for spousal sponsorship and applied as dual intent.
I didn't even feel like they have opened my application. They should have considered my application on compassionate grounds. I thought Canada give some importance to family. But it doesn't look like that.

Last edited:

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Applied on 17 September 2022
refusal on 5th december
India
it is ridiculously insane to reject genuine applicants
I feel so bad for all such people who have to go through this harsh and biased decision making
if a parent doesn't own property or work then they can not travel to see their children who are living in Canada

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
it is ridiculously insane to reject genuine applicants
I feel so bad for all such people who have to go through this harsh and biased decision making
if a parent doesn't own property or work then they can not travel to see their children who are living in Canada
Sad truth about the cold IRCC and their visa officers. They take on easier applications and any application where they need to open documents to make a decision, gets a generic rejection letter of the three kinds. 1) family ties 2) finances 3) travel itinerary inconsistent with TRV..

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Hello everyone,

Got a quick question. I am applying for a visit visa (TRV) for Canada through IRCC online portal. In the documents section, it is only giving me to add the following documents:

1- Valid US Visa (I have a valid 5 years US visa),
2- Passport,
3- National Identity card,
4- Employer Letter (A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada),
5- Additional Documents.

In additional document I can upload only one attachment. Should I create a zip folder with all the documents (such as invitation letter, my financials, etc)? Can anyone please guide me if they faced similar issue?
hi
u can download apps that allow u to combine various docs in a single file and make it a pdf
I did the same to upload docs in the other documents section
the app I used is Image To PDF - PDF maker it has a green icon

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

Got a quick question. I am applying for a visit visa (TRV) for Canada through IRCC online portal. In the documents section, it is only giving me to add the following documents:

1- Valid US Visa (I have a valid 5 years US visa),
2- Passport,
3- National Identity card,
4- Employer Letter (A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada),
5- Additional Documents.

In additional document I can upload only one attachment. Should I create a zip folder with all the documents (such as invitation letter, my financials, etc)? Can anyone please guide me if they faced similar issue?
Can you please let me know which option you selected while creating the application - tourism or visiting a family member ? You have mentioned that you got a invitation letter also to upload, hence the query.

ONLM

Jun 1, 2020
Hi,

below is the timeline for visitor visa for my mother in law.
New IRCC portal

Applied May 22
Biometrics requested May 22
Biometrics completed May 25
Biometrics updated May 25
Portal status for biometrics completed June 1
Eligibility started June 9
Passport request June 13

Thanks
Hello,
I have a quick question, I want to apply for a visitor visa for my dad; he didn't give the biometrics, but when I pay, it shows only visitor visa fees without including the biometrics fees. is that normal ? does my dad need to pay the biometric when at the VFS centre

always098

Nov 27, 2022
Applied TRV as a returning worker from India in November. Is there anyone who applied under the same category and was approved recently? Timeline? please

nad_16

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
Visitor Visa status changed from "we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". I don't understand why that happened. Is that a bad sign?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Visitor Visa status changed from "we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". I don't understand why that happened. Is that a bad sign?
Another officer may have been reassigned to your file, so new officer hasn’t started review.

always098

Nov 27, 2022
Can you please share when did you applied and from where?

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
Any updates on your file ?

I have applied for my Paren't visitor's visa on :

Application received: August 21, 2022
Biometrics - August 30, 2022: Completed.

No updates since then

Noorain

Oct 27, 2018
Hi Everyone. I am going to apply for my in laws visitor visa application. My questions are below.

1. Our sons birthday is on December 28, would this be a good reason to apply for the visa?
2. I am the only source of income in Canada, will this affect the decision?
3. How much proof of money should a host show? And how old should the bank statement be?
4. Do I have to upload our son's passport too with other documents?
5. My in laws are retired, we have bank statements and CA evaluation report from India, will these be enough?
6. I am seeing alot of rejections recently. Would this be a right time to apply?

Thank you so much for your response.