+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi folks. Applied for my parent's TRV from India and my father received the passport request email this morning. Do the passports have to be submitted in person? Is there no courier service to submit the passport in India? Not able to find it on VFS website - could someone please throw some light on this? Thank you!
Nevermind, I found the option on the VFS portal.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
An update,
Finally, got the passport stamped. I'm sharing the timeline here.
Application: 20th Feb
Biometrics: 23rd Feb
RFP: 17th Nov
Passport submitted: 21st Nov (VAC Lahore Pakistan)
Passport returned: 25th Nov

Overall it took over 9 months for the complete process.
Was bvl ppr the same day?

Reactions: Kornet

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Hi Guys,

I am applying for visitor visa, I've previously stayed in Aus for 14 years (on study & work permit). Can you please review my 'ties to India' section in LOP and let me know how to improve it?

I have no desire whatsoever to overstay in Canada if given a visa as I have my job and my parents who are dependent on me. In other words, I am the bread earner of my family. Right now, I am staying with my parents in my grandfather’s 3 – storey house in Navsari, which is my ancestral property and I also own the 2BHK Apt. worth of 12,00,000 INR in the same city.

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Visitor refusal for mother - shes is 64 year old house wife staying with me. Father is retired from private company. Sister invited her to see her family for 4 weeks and she is PR there. Her account balance was CAD 5K in saving, my account balance was CAD7.5k. Property valuation on my name. She doesnt have anything on her name in terms of assets. So I sponsored my mother, I am only son and sister living in Canada as PR. I have submitted my pay slips, bank statements etc.

Refusal
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. • You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission. • You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Visitor refusal for mother - shes is 64 year old house wife staying with me. Father is retired from private company. Sister invited her to see her family for 4 weeks and she is PR there. Her account balance was CAD 5K in saving, my account balance was CAD7.5k. Property valuation on my name. She doesnt have anything on her name in terms of assets. So I sponsored my mother, I am only son and sister living in Canada as PR. I have submitted my pay slips, bank statements etc.

Refusal
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. • You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission. • You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets
Timeline? Country?

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
An update,
Finally, got the passport stamped. I'm sharing the timeline here.
Application: 20th Feb
Biometrics: 23rd Feb
RFP: 17th Nov
Passport submitted: 21st Nov (VAC Lahore Pakistan)
Passport returned: 25th Nov

Overall it took over 9 months for the complete process.
Congratulations.
Q: did you go to Lahore VAC without appointment or after getting appointment?

islammaidul

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Hello, if anyone can enlighten me, please.
I applied for my in laws for Canada Visit Visa through IRCC portal as family. My mother-in-law got passport request today but my father-in-law has not got yet and it looks like his one will be delayed as he has got request for further medical information. In the visa application, my father in law was the principle applicant.

My question is, can my mother in law come without my father law or they will have to travel together or the principle applicant (my father in law) will have to come first? Can you please let me know? Thank you so much in advance

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Hello, if anyone can enlighten me, please.
I applied for my in laws for Canada Visit Visa through IRCC portal as family. My mother-in-law got passport request today but my father-in-law has not got yet and it looks like his one will be delayed as he has got request for further medical information. In the visa application, my father in law was the principle applicant.

My question is, can my mother in law come without my father law or they will have to travel together or the principle applicant (my father in law) will have to come first? Can you please let me know? Thank you so much in advance
Can you please share their time line? And did they get BVL and PPR together.
to answer your question as long as she has visa she can go any time

Reactions: islammaidul

islammaidul

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Can you please share their time line? And did they get BVL and PPR together.
to answer your question as long as she has visa she can go any time
Hello, Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate this. My mother-in-law has got PPR, father-in-law hasn't yet as she has been asked to submit further medical information.
My mother-in-law's timeline is below:
App Received: Sept 14
Biometric complete: Sep 26
Medical Request: Nov 22
Medical Pass: Dec 5
Passport Request: Dec 8

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Hello, Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate this. My mother-in-law has got PPR, father-in-law hasn't yet as she has been asked to submit further medical information.
Did her Biometric Validation Letter come with PPR?

Shehryar

Apr 6, 2015
Hello everyone,

Got a quick question. I am applying for a visit visa (TRV) for Canada through IRCC online portal. In the documents section, it is only giving me to add the following documents:

1- Valid US Visa (I have a valid 5 years US visa),
2- Passport,
3- National Identity card,
4- Employer Letter (A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada),
5- Additional Documents.

In additional document I can upload only one attachment. Should I create a zip folder with all the documents (such as invitation letter, my financials, etc)? Can anyone please guide me if they faced similar issue?

KavyaPrathap

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Which country ?