+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi
I applied for my mother visitor visa in July.I am Canadian citizen.Reason for visit was my pregnancy.I deliver baby in August.
Her time line
Applied 2 July 2022
Biometric completed :7 July 2022
Review started same day.After that no progress.
Today Nov 7 , I got passport request.
I came to write specially for all members who are worried about processing and results.
It might give them some hope and timeline.
How many emails you received when your parents visa approved

basit6006

Jan 28, 2020
Please someone reply to my question
Hi All ,
I am just wondering if someone received a passport submission but he planned already to travel other country and not able to submit within given 30 days can he request for more days and how ??
Thanks in advance

Vostro20

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Category........
How many massage you recived in your email is there two
I have only 1 message from IRCC portal.
Then I have 4 messages from VFS.

This is the last message that I received:
"The decision envelope for application has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application."

Reactions: yuvrajkalia19

Vostro20

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Category........
I have only 1 message from IRCC portal.
Then I have 4 messages from VFS.

This is the last message that I received:
"The decision envelope for application has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application."
"JUST AN UPDATE"
We received the 2 passport today. The Visa stamp is valid until the expiration of their passport (8 years) with Multiple entry

Reactions: yuvrajkalia19

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
Hi All,
I have a question. I applied visitor visa for my parents via the new portal (https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/). The application was submitted on the 20th of Feb 2022 and the biometrics were done on the 23rd of Feb. Since then there has been no update on the application. Has anyone else faced this issue? What can I do to move the application forward?
An update,
Finally, got the passport stamped. I'm sharing the timeline here.
Application: 20th Feb
Biometrics: 23rd Feb
RFP: 17th Nov
Passport submitted: 21st Nov (VAC Lahore Pakistan)
Passport returned: 25th Nov

Overall it took over 9 months for the complete process.

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
Hello! My parents who applied for visitor visa in August received their PPR on Nov 27. They need to submit their passport (Bangalore) and have it returned by Dec 12th as they have tickets booked to travel on 13th. Does anyone know how long it takes to submit/receive back passport with Bangalore VAC? Can the process be expedited?

Inder3256

Jan 11, 2019
Hello! My parents who applied for visitor visa in August received their PPR on Nov 27. They need to submit their passport (Bangalore) and have it returned by Dec 12th as they have tickets booked to travel on 13th. Does anyone know how long it takes to submit/receive back passport with Bangalore VAC? Can the process be expedited?
the whole process takes 7-10 days
Suggest don't use courier services and personally submit and pich up the passport from VFS

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi folks. Applied for my parent's TRV from India and my father received the passport request email this morning. Do the passports have to be submitted in person? Is there no courier service to submit the passport in India? Not able to find it on VFS website - could someone please throw some light on this? Thank you!

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Hi folks. Applied for my parent's TRV from India and my father received the passport request email this morning. Do the passports have to be submitted in person? Is there no courier service to submit the passport in India? Not able to find it on VFS website - could someone please throw some light on this? Thank you!
Timeline?