+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Jervis12

Sep 28, 2022
Thank you for your reply. My friend cum partner has applied for a visitor visa last year May and we did not hear any thing for 10 months. After waiting for so long we withdraw and we applied in the new portal this year April. In my letter of invitation, I did mention that she is my partner. I assume immigration will think that she wont go back and refuse it. however our application is way passed the curent processing time. I was wondering if similer application got approved this year at all! Thanks again.
Thank you for your reply. My friend cum partner has applied for a visitor visa last year May and we did not hear any thing for 10 months. After waiting for so long we withdraw and we applied in the new portal this year April. In my letter of invitation, I did mention that she is my partner. I assume immigration will think that she wont go back and refuse it. however our application is way passed the curent processing time. I was wondering if similer application got approved this year at all! Thanks again.

Jervis12

Sep 28, 2022
good evening how can I get my girlfriend here in Canada what is the requirement or form I would like to get my girlfriend to come here to Canada I am looking for a form or requirement thank you

tallus01

Jul 25, 2022
Spousal applications have a different processing than visitor visa. Check spousal application forum on this site, and follow the thread that matches the month you applied in. They also have a spreadsheet where people list and update when they applied, and they update with each step with a date when an update is received. They also have a WhatsApp group by month for applications.
Thankyou.. If you don't mind, Can you pls provide a link to that thread/ post. So i can follow the right path. Thanks

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
I applied for a visitor visa for a 2 year old on August 25, 2022 via gckey. Her parents are both holders of work visas. Should I reapply using the new portal?

nehpannu

Nov 6, 2019
Applied visitor visa for mom - july 6 (india)
I m PR
biometric update : july 8
medicall pass : 26 july
UPdate: BVL & review of eligibility started:30september.
Any idea whn i m gona get visa?

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa for a 2 year old on August 25, 2022 via gckey. Her parents are both holders of work visas. Should I reapply using the new portal?
I don't think you should...I have noticed that the processing timelines are similar on old and new portal now, say around 4 months average.

Reactions: quami

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
hello ,

I am a Canadian citizen and i was trying to apply for a visa for my mom to visit. she had a visa 10 years ago. the only required document they asked for on the new portal was her passport. should i still include prove of funds and letter of invitation?

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
We applied for my wife's visitor visa with dual intent and her PR application just got through. What does it mean for visitors application? Would IRCC close it and refund the money back? Or should I let them know about it via webform?

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have query about the visitor visa application which is still in process.

If the person who applied for a visitor visa from India happens to be in USA when she/he receives a PPR.

Do they have to travel back to India to submit the passport at the local VFS centre (For example Bangalore) or can it be sent to a centre anywhere in USA for visa stamping?

Any input on this will be great appreciated.

Thanks

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to go through scheduling 2 way courier service to send passport for stamping? I am not finding proper information on VFS website. Please help! This is urgent.

Thank you in advance.