+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I am in Canada on WP since March 2021.
Applied visitor visa for my spouse in New IRCC portal
Application Submitted : April 12, 2022
Biometrics Completed : April 19
Medical done Prior ( in Aug 2021 and redone again in Aug 2022 and asked to update via webform. Not sure if new medicals are updated)

Update on Aug 15th : We are reviewing your eligibility.

Not sure what's the delay and why each application is processed differently.. This is so frustrating.
I now feel that i did a mistake by applying in New IRCC portal and should have applied in GCkey itself for my spouse. As i see my colleagues who applied in GCkey for their spouses received response in 3 months itself..
When did your friends apply?
Remember - every file is different, regardless of it being same as your friends on the surface.

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hi, I am applying visitor visa for my parents who are in India. After finishing the entire application, my mom and dad are in a Family group but there are two separate applications for them.
Is this how it should be or should it show a single application for both of them?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, I am applying visitor visa for my parents who are in India. After finishing the entire application, my mom and dad are in a Family group but there are two separate applications for them.
Is this how it should be or should it show a single application for both of them?
Two separate applications. Even if they apply as a family group each application is evaluated individually, There are examples in this forum where one application is approved and other is rejected even though they were part of same family group.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Yes - that’s how it should be.

Reactions: madhav_91

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Two separate applications. Even if they apply as a family group each application is evaluated individually, There are examples in this forum where one application is approved and other is rejected even though they were part of same family group.

Ok, thanks for confirming.

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Applied from India for a 2 year old child's visit visa (She has a US visa but no travel history).

This is my attempt via new portal as I never received an update from IRCC after I processed her application via GC key portal on March 15th 2021 but then she did not have USA visitor visa.

Timeline:-
Applied: August 3, 2022
No Biometrics required

I have a Canada WP, my wife and the older child have visitor visa to Canada.

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
It can be 10 days to 6 months or 200+ days as majority of applicants are waiting in the similar time line. Many since 2021, and a ton since January this year. They’re processing apps in no chronological order
This is just heights, they introduced this new portal for people who are waiting on their PR under Family sponsorship program, right? So that even though PR takes longer we can unite together on visitors visa! But they keep increasing processing times every week for this as well! Been more than 2 months and still waiting on this!! Been more than 12 months for PR and waiting on that as well!!

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
This is just heights, they introduced this new portal for people who are waiting on their PR under Family sponsorship program, right? So that even though PR takes longer we can unite together on visitors visa! But they keep increasing processing times every week for this as well! Been more than 2 months and still waiting on this!! Been more than 12 months for PR and waiting on that as well!!
Regardless of the purpose of the system, everything funnels into the same processing / visa officers. with over 2.7m applications and counting in pending, the delays are enormous and continue to be that way.

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day all,

I have an existing visiting visa (VV) which will expire on Oct 30 2022 and now applying for a new VV on the new portal. The only document made compulsory for me to upload is my international passport data page. No link was provided to upload proof of funds or an invitation letter from my wife who I mentioned that I will be visiting. she is currently studying in Toronto. Just wondering why this is the case and if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Thank you.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Good day all,

I have an existing visiting visa (VV) which will expire on Oct 30 2022 and now applying for a new VV on the new portal. The only document made compulsory for me to upload is my international passport data page. No link was provided to upload proof of funds or an invitation letter from my wife who I mentioned that I will be visiting. she is currently studying in Toronto. Just wondering why this is the case and if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Thank you.
Anyone who has a valid US visit visa or a current / past Canada visitor visa do not get the placeholder to upload proof of funds or invitation. Some applications can also be picked under CAN+ program for faster processing based on a valid US visa or current / past Canada visa.

However, you can upload your proof of funds and invite letter in additional documents section of the application to be sure.

tallus01

Jul 25, 2022
When did your friends apply?
Remember - every file is different, regardless of it being same as your friends on the surface.
In GCKey portal, my colleagues who have applied in March, April and May have received approvals exactly in 3 months.. (3 months precisely for all)
however in this new IRCC portal, its been 4 and half months for me with no result yet..
However in the new portal, i know of one case where a rejection is received in exactly 3 months for someone who applied one week after me (strange)

No clue on how they are processing randomly. My spouse visitor visa application is under review now for the past 1 week. Hoping for the best..

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
In GCKey portal, my colleagues who have applied in March, April and May have received approvals exactly in 3 months.. (3 months precisely for all)
however in this new IRCC portal, its been 4 and half months for me with no result yet..
However in the new portal, i know of one case where a rejection is received in exactly 3 months for someone who applied one week after me (strange)

No clue on how they are processing randomly. My spouse visitor visa application is under review now for the past 1 week. Hoping for the best..
hello tallus,
Have you received any email that your application is under review?
What’s the online status shows like?

tallus01

Jul 25, 2022
hello tallus,
Have you received any email that your application is under review?
What’s the online status shows like?
Haven't received any email..
But i see the message "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under eligibility review.
This message appeared on August 15.

Note : I have one other concern regarding medicals. Earlier, "You passed the medicals status was updated earlier on May 9, 2022."
Those medicals have expired on Aug 13 and we have redone medicals and submitted webform informing the new UMI# for update on Aug 14.
and the medicals status is showing currently as "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
Not sure if this was updated in the back end?

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Haven't received any email..
But i see the message "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under eligibility review.
This message appeared on August 15.

Note : I have one other concern regarding medicals. Earlier, "You passed the medicals status was updated earlier on May 9, 2022."
Those medicals have expired on Aug 13 and we have redone medicals and submitted webform informing the new UMI# for update on Aug 14.
and the medicals status is showing currently as "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
Not sure if this was updated in the back end?
hello, I don’t think so they ask you for the updated medical as you already pass the medical step.
I don’t know how long will take the eligibility step?

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Hi

I would like to apply TRV to see my sister in Canada. Shes on PR living with one kid and husband. They have not been here since almost 3.5 years now. I am married since over a year now and living with family (parents and wife). Currently employed full time in UK BPO since 3 years now. Wife is also employed full time. I would like to visit for 15 days to see nephew and sister as never seen nephew since he was born. How much balance do i need to show in India and how much in Canada? Is there chance that I would get visa approved?

TIA