+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi, I received the letter for a submission of original passport. The letter asked to submit the passport within 30 days. Unfortunately, I was traveling and did not have passport in hand with me. So, could not send the passport within 30 days. Today, it has been 37 days since I received the letter requesting the passport. I have the passport in hand now. Has anyone been through a similar experience? Can I send my passport for the visa now, even though I am late? Thank you.

Birju_1984

Jan 2, 2017
Hi everyone,
I applied for my parents visitor visa through an agent in India in July 2021. Competed biometrics in August 2021. No further updates and the agent in India is telling that the application is just stuck in limbo. I have the UCI and application numbers but when I check though the Online status form, it says no application found. Current application time is 99 days for visitor visa.

Can I start a new application and link it to the old UCI assuming I will get a new UCI number? This time I am planning to apply myself.

My parents really have to visit me and I would appreciate if anyone can help me in the matter.

Thanks.
Hi, I can understand the frustration behind your post. Yes, you can apply in new portal and provide your old UCI and application numbers (under other document section). Once they process the new application in new portal, then they will automatically withdraw the old application and also refund the money you gave for old application. Hope this helps. In case of any other query, feel free to get in touch with me - naidujawahar@hotmail.com

Birju_1984

Jan 2, 2017
Hello All,

I am re-applying visitor visa for my parents through the new portal (last application was in july 21 and no response so far).
Hope, you can clarify on a couple of my doubts:
1) I am inviting them and in the letter, i have mentioned that i will bear costs for their stay here. on the portal, there are a couple of questions.
a) How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)
For this one, i will mention parents account balances.
b)Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada?
What should be answer to this one.. although, i will be taking care of costs etc, should the answer to this be no as, there wouldnt be any money transfer as such.

2) For past activities section/current job/title,
Father has a self owned business but, i do not find exact relevant job title/role description in the options.
work/activity: Business, finance and administration occupations
job title : Other service support and related occupations
Hope, we can just go ahead with the nearest match ...
feel free to get in touch. I can help on this
naidujawahar@hotmail.com

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021
My mother in law application approved ..
Can anyone let me know how to send the passport for stamping please ?
Applied from India

garuna

Sep 10, 2013
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th june,2014
Nomination.....
15th October,2014
Med's Request
13th November,2014
Med's Done....
19th November,2014
Passport Req..
19th feb, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march, 2015
LANDED..........
15th may 2015
Prior USA visa was available
My parents were here in last 10 years. I applied again through new portal on feb 22. My mother got Biometric request on Feb 23 but My dad have not received biometric request till now, It has been more than 40 days now

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello All,

I am re-applying visitor visa for my parents through the new portal (last application was in july 21 and no response so far).
Hope, you can clarify on a couple of my doubts:
1) I am inviting them and in the letter, i have mentioned that i will bear costs for their stay here. on the portal, there are a couple of questions.
a) How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)
For this one, i will mention parents account balances.
b)Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada?
What should be answer to this one.. although, i will be taking care of costs etc, should the answer to this be no as, there wouldnt be any money transfer as such.

2) For past activities section/current job/title,
Father has a self owned business but, i do not find exact relevant job title/role description in the options.
work/activity: Business, finance and administration occupations
job title : Other service support and related occupations
Hope, we can just go ahead with the nearest match ...
Hi I have answer for your few Query (As per IRCC website)
There is a minimum income that your child (Invitee ) must meet for the Super Visa to be approved. This is called the low income cut-off (LICO) threshold
"he most recent copy of the notice of assessment (if the child or grandchild does not have a paper copy of their notice of assessment on file, they can view and print their tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the Canada Revenue Agency
  • the most recent copy of the child’s or grandchild’s T4 or T1
  • an original letter from the child’s or grandchild’s employer stating their
    • job title
    • job description
    • salary
  • the child’s or grandchild’s employment insurance pay stubs, including
    • a letter from an accountant confirming the child’s or grandchild’s annual income, if they are self-employed
    • proof of other sources of income (pension statement, investments, etc.)
"

For your 2nd Q , If your father have business , you can just mention N/A in place of Job Title etc. (which is not applicable)

Now i have one Q , I am also reapply for my parents Super Visa. (not Normal Visa)
I saw you are saying applying via new Portal , I am having the link BUT that is asking Invite code .
from where you got that? OR it is ok if I can apply via old IRCC link.

Thanks

Last edited:

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
My parents were here in last 10 years. I applied again through new portal on feb 22. My mother got Biometric request on Feb 23 but My dad have not received biometric request till now, It has been more than 40 days now
In case of Super visa application how you can apply via new portal it is asking for (Invite code (required) )if go for sign up , what I will enter here ?
Man I am so confused , OLD GIC login i am able to log in and it generates all the forms after Questioner

Tried to create user ID in this link https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en what i can enter in invite code ?

Thanks

garuna

Sep 10, 2013
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th june,2014
Nomination.....
15th October,2014
Med's Request
13th November,2014
Med's Done....
19th November,2014
Passport Req..
19th feb, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march, 2015
LANDED..........
15th may 2015

garuna

Sep 10, 2013
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th june,2014
Nomination.....
15th October,2014
Med's Request
13th November,2014
Med's Done....
19th November,2014
Passport Req..
19th feb, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march, 2015
LANDED..........
15th may 2015
only 79+ aged group doesn’t need biometric, thats not the case here..are u sure his biometric have already completed 10yrs? did u try raising webform?- think that is the only option
Biometric not done earlier. Have written 2 web forms already, no response yet.