+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for quick response but what should be for proof of relationship
There is no proof of relationship for friendship. Also, invitation letter has virtually no value when inviting a friend. He will have to proof enough funds and ties to home country. His chances of visa approval with or without your letter will be same.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
Asking for my brother who is applying for the visitor visa for his wife and 2 minor kids.
He has completed the application and it asks for use of rep. form for the kids too.
So does he need to upload individual use of rep for his wife and kids separately?
Who can sign the form for the kids since kids are minors?
Anyone on this please?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Thanks for quick response but what should be for proof of relationship
If they are your friend, you do not have a proof of relationship. Relationships only require proof if you are related in any way, or through your or their spouse. Friends cannot establish the relationship, nor your notarized affidavit will help as the visa officer will only see your friend's documents, finances, ties to India etc while processing to see if they will come back to India.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi
Asking for my brother who is applying for the visitor visa for his wife and 2 minor kids.
He has completed the application and it asks for use of rep. form for the kids too.
So does he need to upload individual use of rep for his wife and kids separately?
Who can sign the form for the kids since kids are minors?
The parents sign for the minors under age of 18

Reactions: calgary17

nehpannu

Nov 6, 2019
Hello, my parents applied for TRV on the IRCC portal as a group submission on 7/16 but only received approval for one of them yesterday (8/1) and my other parent's application is still in progress. One of my parents who was approved got their original passport request letter. We are aware of the 30 day deadline for passport submission and counterfoil stamping. Should we wait for my other parent's application to be approved before they send their passports, or respond to the passport request for one of my parents now and wait for the other parent's approval/passport request later? Thanks.
that was really quick. Where did uh apply from? Nd do ur parents already had any other country visa? Coz i applied on 6/july but still stck at bckgrnd…

Jana92

May 27, 2019
I applied for a visitor visa to Canada on June 22, 2022. At that time, the processing time was shown on Canada.ca website was 42 days. However, I am checking now Canada.ca website, it shows that processing time for the visitor visa is 87 days. Would the applications of take 42 days or 87 days? Which processing time applies to their applications, the processing time shown at the date of application and or the updated one?
Noting that on IRCC portal, the processing time bar doesn't show anything.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I applied for a visitor visa to Canada on June 22, 2022. At that time, the processing time was shown on Canada.ca website was 42 days. However, I am checking now Canada.ca website, it shows that processing time for the visitor visa is 87 days. Would the applications of take 42 days or 87 days? Which processing time applies to their applications, the processing time shown at the date of application and or the updated one?
Noting that on IRCC portal, the processing time bar doesn't show anything.
Take the longer one.. 87.. if that increases, assume that.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
that was really quick. Where did uh apply from? Nd do ur parents already had any other country visa? Coz i applied on 6/july but still stck at bckgrnd…
Strange how they are being processed, maybe it has to do with what you've selected as purpose of visit, and who you're visiting. It might have something to do with that.

smarties

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
YEG
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO-S / CPC-O / OSC-O
App. Filed.......
08-12-2022
AOR Received.
08-12-2022
LANDED..........
09-03-2023
Philippines. My parents have visited us in AB twice (2013 and 2018) on TRVs. We were quite surprised how quick the TRV processing was for one of our parents (just 14 calendar days), but the other parent's application is still in progress. Our parent whose TRV application was approved also has an ongoing PR/PGP application as the PA – it could have influenced the speed of 1/2 of their TRV application.

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Hi
I need to put my mothers visit visa application from India. Reason - to help my sister during pregnancy and my sister is on PR there. My mom is house wife and father is retired. I am working in India and own house on my name. Can I sponsor my mother as she does not have savings on her name? Do I transfer money to her account or I need to show my bank statements and ITR?

Also, some people say permanency is not good reason to get visa, its better to mention visiting to see my daughter. Is it correct? Could you please help?

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can I sponsor my mother as she does not have savings on her name? Do I transfer money to her account or I need to show my bank statements and ITR?
No personal experience but do both. I would say move the money to her account and also to be extra safe get a gift deed done showing that you don't expect the money back. In the application form, they ask if someone else is paying for your trip. And there is a text box to give details. You can say that her son is paying for it.

Also, some people say permanency is not good reason to get visa, its better to mention visiting to see my daughter. Is it correct? Could you please help?
Yes do not mention pregnancy. That may be considered going for work.