+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

lokeshpatel

Oct 19, 2021
@superMK My father applied for visitor visa along with my mother. He became a representative to submit my mother’s application. My father received biometric letter and UCI number generated for him but my mother application dont have UCI number generated and she didn’t received biometric letter too. Used new IRCC portal to apply. Any clue what’s going on?
Hi Dip I have same situation. I applied on oct 18. Did you receive UCI number generated for your mother?

lokeshpatel

Oct 19, 2021
It happened on my mother in law and sister in law application. My sister in law got her app summary and biometric request 3 days after the submission.
Hi Did you received uci number and biometric request of your mother as well? How much time it takes to receive biometric letter for your mother in law after submitting application?

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi, I am applying for visitor visa for my parents using new portal. I am a PR and residing in Canada. Should I select option for "Immediate Family Members" or "Extended Family Members" when applying for parents ?

I also have started a new thread with screenshots. Please feel free to reply here or there

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Hi Did you received uci number and biometric request of your mother as well? How much time it takes to receive biometric letter for your mother in law after submitting application?
Yes she got uci and biometric request after 2 days. Current status us under review from past one week.

Reactions: lokeshpatel

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I am applying for visitor visa for my parents using the new portal. It asks for proof of relationship. I have no birth certificates as births were not registered in India at the time. What other proof can I give for my relationship to my parents?

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
My parents are travelling with their own funds and have sufficient bank balances with letters prepared from their banks in India. But on the portal page I see the proof of funds ask for my bank balance instead. There is no option for parents own proof of funds. Is there a way this can be provided here ?

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Please, can someone advise if I should use the portal or GC Key if I am reapplying? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Ok. Please let me know when you submit the application. Check UCI after submission.
Hi, I submitted the application on Oct 18 Biometric collection letter Oct 19 and got the biometric appointment Nov 30, so now the wait starts( for my mom and dad from India)

ashunayyar

Aug 22, 2019
Hi I WANT TO APPLY VISITOR VISA FOR MY FATHER BUT I AM CONFUSED WHAT SHOULD I UPLOAD IN THIS SECTION:
Evidence that you meet the following requirement if you’re an immediate family member of a temporary resident
  • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE? LAWYERS ARE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH MONEY

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Hello people,

I applied for my father in law and mother in law on 03 October 2021, Biometrics requested on 04 October 2021, biometrics given on 05 October 2021. Next day biometrics updated on both application, i can see both information on their application, but my father in laws current status have not changed, still showing "Your action is required" but mother in laws current status changed to "Submitted".
Anyone encountered similar situation?

Many Thanks
I guess, there is a new message( unread) in the inbox

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Hi, I am applying for visitor visa for my parents using new portal. I am a PR and residing in Canada. Should I select option for "Immediate Family Members" or "Extended Family Members" when applying for parents ?

I also have started a new thread with screenshots. Please feel free to reply here or there
Parents are immediate family members

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Hi I WANT TO APPLY VISITOR VISA FOR MY FATHER BUT I AM CONFUSED WHAT SHOULD I UPLOAD IN THIS SECTION:
Evidence that you meet the following requirement if you’re an immediate family member of a temporary resident
  • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE? LAWYERS ARE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH MONEY
R u using the new portal, as then you just have to select family reunification for parents, u can apply for visitor visa of your parents by yourself, no lawyer or immigration agency needed