+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

qasim537

Oct 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents visa last week with the option "to reunite with an immediate family member". Today, i came to know that they are not immediate family members and should have choose extended family option. I am sure what can be done at this point as they completed their Biometric verification today. Any info on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents visa last week with the option "to reunite with an immediate family member". Today, i came to know that they are not immediate family members and should have choose extended family option. I am sure what can be done at this point as they completed their Biometric verification today. Any info on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Parents do fall under immediate family member category as per IRCC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html

ramandeep7712

Sep 3, 2021
Hi everyone.....i just wants to ask is there anyone in the group who has not received BIL for visitor visa after submitting the application. I applied for my mother-in-law on 18 oct, 2021 but still have not received BIL. is it normal or should i have to do anything?? Please help.

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
I am applying for visitor visa for my parents using the new portal. It asks for proof of relationship. I have no birth certificates as births were not registered in India at the time. What other proof can I give for my relationship to my parents?
then provide your passport which shows your parents name under mother and father, if required is there any other government id which shows the name of your parents

qasim537

Oct 4, 2021
I get it but the question is that when parents are applying as an applicant then the definition of immediate family member doesn't apply on me as I am not a dependent child. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
I am applying for visitor visa for my parents using the new portal. It asks for proof of relationship. I have no birth certificates as births were not registered in India at the time. What other proof can I give for my relationship to my parents?
My mother name was not listed in my birth certificate, it was only my father name, I included my passport copy, my father passport copy and the birth certificate as proof of relationship for my mother application

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
I get it but the question is that when parents are applying as an applicant then the definition of immediate family member doesn't apply on me as I am not a dependent child. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.
your the one living in Canada and inviting your parents right, or is it vice versa. If its you then your parents are immediate family member of the Canadian PR holder/citizen, so immediate family category should apply.

qasim537

Oct 4, 2021
your the one living in Canada and inviting your parents right, or is it vice versa. If its you then your parents are immediate family member of the Canadian PR holder/citizen, so immediate family category should apply.
I just wanted to clarify this point as it is all about the perspective. Yes I am inviting my parents but they are the one filing the application.

Who is an applicant ?
My Parents
Why do you need a visa?
So obviously the applicant which in my case are my parents answering the question right?
Do I fall under the immediate family member for them?
This is what my question is as I am seeing contradictory statements under the following thread

"Visitor Visa for Parents using new IRCC portal, Are they immediate family members"

Thanking you in advance for your inputs.

Ibtii10

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
VISIT
I just wanted to clarify this point as it is all about the perspective. Yes I am inviting my parents but they are the one filing the application.

Who is an applicant ?
My Parents
Why do you need a visa?
So obviously the applicant which in my case are my parents answering the question right?
Do I fall under the immediate family member for them?
This is what my question is as I am seeing contradictory statements under the following thread

"Visitor Visa for Parents using new IRCC portal, Are they immediate family members"

Thanking you in advance for your inputs.
Hi,

I had asked my VO to explain what immediate family means and this the response they sent:

In regards to your request please note that Immediate family members in respect of a person are. the spouse or common-law partner. the dependent children of the person or of the person's spouse or common-law partner. any dependent children of a dependent child. parents or step-parents.

Hope this helps

ramandeep7712

Sep 3, 2021
you received the Application number and UCI right, if yes then think you should wait for a day or two
Hi Ritika...thanks for your reply . i received the confirmation letter in portal which has the application number. but no UCI has been created yet. I am really worried that have i done something wrong or its normal??