+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application - New Delhi - No response since March 18, 2013

Temp1813

Apr 12, 2013
Pollop,

Thank you for your prompt response. My mom did sent them an email yesterday after reading your success but unfortunately no response as of now, also, she did mentioned “TRV - VXXXXXXXXX - 52 Days since Application” in her email subject line but I guess it didn't caught their attention.

One last question, approximately what time did you receive the passport request email? Was that daytime in North America? The only reason I ask that is because we still have few hours before COB today.

Today is our last hope for passport request because my wife is due next week and we will be on our own then. The overall Visa experience is miserable and incompetence of Canadian high Commission in New Delhi.

pollop

Dec 31, 2011
Temp1813 said:
Pollop,

Thank you for your prompt response. My mom did sent them an email yesterday after reading your success but unfortunately no response as of now, also, she did mentioned “TRV - VXXXXXXXXX - 52 Days since Application” in her email subject line but I guess it didn't caught their attention.

One last question, approximately what time did you receive the passport request email? Was that daytime in North America? The only reason I ask that is because we still have few hours before COB today.

Today is our last hope for passport request because my wife is due next week and we will be on our own then. The overall Visa experience is miserable and incompetence of Canadian high Commission in New Delhi.
Did she send the email to all 3 email addresses listed in the link I gave?
I received passport request at 12:17:55 AM ET. It was not a day time in North America. I have seen the replies in my inbox usually when I checked my email in the morning. I gave my email address because I was not sure if my mom would have access to emails always. Did you check her junk/spam folders? Hopefully reply did not go missing there.
I hope you will get the reply soon and everything will work out for you. Visa experience has always been miserable for my mother because of her single parent status. She has traveled 9-10 countries before but she always have visa issues when it comes to North America and Europe.

Temp1813

Apr 12, 2013
pollop,

Thanks for the reply, she sent email to the below addresses; Nothing in spam/junk either, I lost all my hopes now.

• General inquiries: delhi@international.gc.ca
• Visas and Immigration: delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Temp1813

Apr 12, 2013
Still waiting, they don't respond to our emails, not sure what else to do, it has been 3 months since we applied.

Anybody else in the same situation? please share your experiences and is there anyway we could contact them.

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
We have applied online for my mother in law on June 3. No news from NDVO yet. She plans to fly on July 24 along with my wife but now after learning many are waiting for months, our plans are going to misfire. Processing times for ND showed as "4 days". It looks like each day is equal to "one month". Let us all hope for the best to happen soon.

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
It looks like the delay is because of slow-down / strike action by Canadian embassy / consulate staff all over the world. Take a look here

http://www.cicsnews.com/?p=3936

http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strike-how-is-it-affecting-our-applications-t152279.0.html

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
ND VO now seems to be working and moving forward even though it is slow. We had applied for my mother in law's TRV on June 3. We sent them a reminder email on June 17 and today we received a message in myCIC to send the passport. We do not know whether it was because of our reminder or by way of normal processing. At least our travel plans are not affected as my wife plans to return as usual on July 24 along with our kid and her mother.

We will send the pp on Monday and will update here when we get the pp back with the visa stamped.

Now you can have some hopes. I know somehow of you have already applied in March/Apr/May and are still anxiously waiting for a good news message. Good luck to all of you.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Rank2010 said:
ND VO now seems to be working and moving forward even though it is slow. We had applied for my mother in law's TRV on June 3. We sent them a reminder email on June 17 and today we received a message in myCIC to send the passport. We do not know whether it was because of our reminder or by way of normal processing. At least our travel plans are not affected as my wife plans to return as usual on July 24 along with our kid and her mother.

We will send the pp on Monday and will update here when we get the pp back with the visa stamped.

Now you can have some hopes. I know somehow of you have already applied in March/Apr/May and are still anxiously waiting for a good news message. Good luck to all of you.
Hi Rank,

I have a question. so your mother in law did not send the passport at the time of application? i am bit confused now. my parents applied for trv visa and they gave all the application package including their passport to VFS service in kolkata on June 10th. on VFS application tracking it shows passport received by NDVO on June 11 and is under processing. Their flight ticket is on Aug 7th and now i am having doubts if they will get b4 that. Could you give me the email,address you used to contact the NDVO? Thanks Much

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Neel09,

Send email to delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. My M-I-L applied online and so no way of sending the PP in advance. Since you applied thru VFS, there should not be any worries. Your people should get the PP back within 15-20 working days from the date of receipt of application by the NDVO. There is enough time for the travel and if all papers are in order reflecting strong ties to the home country, then the stamped PP would probably returned to VFS by around first week of July.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Rank2010 said:
Neel09,

Send email to delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca. My M-I-L applied online and so no way of sending the PP in advance. Since you applied thru VFS, there should not be any worries. Your people should get the PP back within 15-20 working days from the date of receipt of application by the NDVO. There is enough time for the travel and if all papers are in order reflecting strong ties to the home country, then the stamped PP would probably returned to VFS by around first week of July.
Thanks Rank. Before i could email them the online status showed that passport sent to VFS kolkata for pick up. It took exactly 15 days from the date of submission to passport pick up.

Temp1813

Apr 12, 2013
My mom finally received a call from New Delhi consulate and they have asked her to send in her passport and they also told her that they have sent an email but my mom never received any email nor there is any update message in My CIC account, we are not sure what to do at this point, can we just send the passport without the request letter, did anyone go thorough the same experience?

Please reply at you earliest convenience, thanks in advance.

usrinivasanu

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hello Guys,

My parents applied through VFS Chennai and the passport was received at CHC Delhi on June 17th for processing. The status in the VFS site still says that it is under processing. They have their tickets booked for July 17th. Do you think they can get the visa by then? I dont think we can do anything now but wait.

Thanks!!