+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa After Asylum

sunriz110

Nov 18, 2017
Hi

My Father, Mother and my younger Brother applied for Asylum in Canada ( Montreal ) in 2001 but they got refused in 2003 and instead of appeal they left Canada Voluntarily (Not Deported). My younger brother was 10 years old at that time and he was dependent on my parents.

Now in year 2017 can my brother apply for visit visa for Canada ? He has US multiple visa and he has traveled twice to US since he became independent. What are the chances for him to get refused for visit visa because of that Asylum case he was only 10 or 12 at that time and dependent on parents.

Also, can my mother apply for Canadian Visit Visa ? She also has US multiple visa and she traveled several time to US. I am US Citizen and planning to travel to Niagra falls this summer and my mother and brother also coming to US so planning to bring them with me for short trip. Please advise.

Thanks.
R.S

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

My Father, Mother and my younger Brother applied for Asylum in Canada ( Montreal ) in 2001 but they got refused in 2003 and instead of appeal they left Canada Voluntarily (Not Deported). My younger brother was 10 years old at that time and he was dependent on my parents.

Now in year 2017 can my brother apply for visit visa for Canada ? He has US multiple visa and he has traveled twice to US since he became independent. What are the chances for him to get refused for visit visa because of that Asylum case he was only 10 or 12 at that time and dependent on parents.

Also, can my mother apply for Canadian Visit Visa ? She also has US multiple visa and she traveled several time to US. I am US Citizen and planning to travel to Niagra falls this summer and my mother and brother also coming to US so planning to bring them with me for short trip. Please advise.

Thanks.
R.S
Hi,

It would be difficult for any of us to guess whether or not both your mom and your brother would be issued TRVs. The best way would be to apply with concrete applications that would address any potential issues and prove they have no reasons to claim asylum during their intended visit.

It's been quite a few years since they left voluntarily/without appealing and without exhausting all possible means of remaining in Canada + they have valid US visas/traveled to the US. This would certainly help.

1. Are the reasons for which your parents had applied for asylum non-existent/completely void in the current scenario? Can they prove their lives are secure currently (this would be by demonstrating they have strong reasons to return home)?

2. Are your mom and your brother applying from their home country i.e. the country they had originally sought to flee?

3. Both applicants would need to individually prove exceptionally strong ties to their home country and/or country of residence (Employment/ Business/ Study for your brother + property, a lease and other assets + dependent family members that are in their home country/country of residence + good financials + good travel history, preferably to other countries like the UK, Schengen, Australia, etc)

4. They may also want to include confirmed flight bookings departing from the US to their home country/country of residence after their intended Canada visit

5. They must also include a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates + tentative hotel bookings in the Niagara region for a really short visit of a few days max. + a broad outline of their US visit (hopefully, their visit to the US is a short 2-3 weeks, not for a couple of months)

Cheers