+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa/Study permit application in Lagos

jaye

Apr 22, 2012
@scaranec, yaayyyyyyyy! Am I glad to hear that. Better start packing your things against september. I can imagine how you feel right now, congrats man. As for me I still haven't been called for meds since I applied end of march and I've been hearing cases of ppl that applied after I did being called for medicals in 3 weeks. To me there appears to be an issue, and I don't know weather to contact them, or even how. . ........cheers man, all d best.

scaranek

Mar 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jaye
I think you should contact the embassy now. Call or send them an email quoting your passport number and enquiring on the status of your application.
I submitted my application 29th March, was called for Medicals on 27th April and picked up the visa on 24th May..........so I think you should call them immediately, so if they have a concern you can address it and get your visa on time for studies. Good luck man.

kzee

May 1, 2012
@scaranek..
iam really happy for you,and wish you best of luck..i just confirmed that visa processing takes 5-6 months @ d embassy,.right now i want to apply for summer intake by January 2013 at centennial college into the fast track programe,i studied information and computer system,i want to know how possible it is to pick a different course like business management.

simle233

Jun 14, 2012
I have a problem, I only got to know recently that I needed the CAQ before applying for a study permit for the september entry into Quebec and I have just applied for that now. Am I late for this application or do I still have to keep on hopin I can travel for a studies by september. I am in Ghana, can someone please help. Thank you

jaye

Apr 22, 2012
@simie233: go to the embassy immediately, fill a form for withdrawal of your application, and wait. You would provide the reason for the withdrawal, and your passport would be returned to you without prejudice. If you don't your application would be refused and you don't want that to happen. Those guys are already looking for reasons to refuse as many people as possible, so don't give them a reason to. Get the required docs and reapply. :'( my 1 cent.

scaranek

Mar 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@juwon: It depends if the scvhool you are applying requires that. Most schools request for English proficiency test but this this is normally waived for Nigerians since the language of study and communication is English. You may just have to write the course/admissions administrator at the school for advice.

jaye

Apr 22, 2012
@scaranek: I have a question for u please, who was your sponsor in your application ? Was it your dad? Or yourself, and was it a company bank statement u used or personal? Pls reply, I'm trying to figure out something.....cheers and congrats again

mizzswank

Jul 3, 2012
scaranek said:
Going to UoC........MEng.
Where are you going and how long does it take them to return with a feedback for Medicals?

I was also admitted for MEng at UofC however its too late to apply for α study permit for the fall semester so I have decided to defer till winter(January 2013) although I already got admitted at University of Toronto and I have defered that till the winter semester...I really need ur help on the application process and how to prove that I'ld return to Nigeria after my studies, I was refused visa for my undergraduate studies because the VO said I have not satisfied him that I would return after completion of my studies. Would be grateful if you can be of help..plus did u apply through an agent?

EDELWHITE

Jul 5, 2012
Guys,
Can someone please tell me what a complete application package might contain. i intend applying for winter 2013. i already got the admission offer.

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
@scaranek,
CONGRATS oooooooooooooooooo

scaranek

Mar 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@miiswank:

Please attach a letter of assurrance that you are coming back after your studies, then back it up with details of familiy and landed properties that tie you to Nigeria.

On application through agents, there is no problem with that. I applied directly by providing all the required documents as stated on their website. For more detail goto Nairaland forum on Travels, there are Canadian immigration forum that gets you connected to people in your situation. Good luck man.

wahabcoal

Jul 21, 2012
Hello Big brothers, i am new here. I hold a Bachelors degree in Accounting 2:2 but have passion in Information Technology hence my wanting to study I.T from scratch. I would like to start a Diploma Programme, i have seen some colleges like British Colombia Institute of Tech and Red river, etc.
My question is, can i get Visa for a diploma program since i'm not applying with my Degree.
If yes, Since september intake is over, Can i likely get visa for January intake.
I clocked 26years Today. :D