+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa status for applications(Online-general category-University)

Neethu_R

Oct 4, 2017
I created this specific thread for applicants who applied Online under general category and will be attending university.
Lets share our application status and duration. So we could calculate how long it takes for individuals in this category to get an update in India.

Applied online under general university category on Jun21. No updates yet. Application is in submitted status.

Thn

Jun 5, 2018
I applied on 19 June. Same catagory. My file reached Delhi on 22nd June. And my medical is passed on 28 June. And since then it’s still waiting and at the same status.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
I applied on 25 june online from canada through immigration lawyer. Only letter of submission received. No updates so far from my lawyer. Unfortunately i do not have access to see my status. Only lawyer have.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I have received my acknowledgement email today with application and UCI number but still I couldn't link my paper application online. Can anybody help me with this please?

Indigrrl

Star Member
Dec 10, 2017
India
I have received my acknowledgement email today with application and UCI number but still I couldn't link my paper application online. Can anybody help me with this please?
Kindly refrain from posting the same questioning multiple threads. In the meantime try and read those threads and you will most likely find your answer.

Copying and pasting from another group

Instructions:
For those who are getting error as no application found when try to link their paper application to their online account.

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

Indigrrl

Star Member
Dec 10, 2017
India
This is a great thread idea.

I applied under general category on 20th june. No updates yet. Hopefully we will get visa by this month end.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
Thank you.But I am still getting the same error even though I have followed the instructions stated below.

Kindly refrain from posting the same questioning multiple threads. In the meantime try and read those threads and you will most likely find your answer.

Instructions:
For those who are getting error as no application found when try to link their paper application to their online account.

(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

Yas5029

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018

Instructions:

i am not able to link plz help

ParthR

Jul 11, 2018
I created this specific thread for applicants who applied Online under general category and will be attending university.
Lets share our application status and duration. So we could calculate how long it takes for individuals in this category to get an update in India.

Applied online under general university category on Jun21. No updates yet. Application is in submitted status.
Applied on 18th june. Medical approved on 19th jund