+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa stamping at other office

atmoham

Jul 25, 2014
Sanj said:
Hi I was looking for a suggestion , I talked to couple immigration lawyers and all of them have different opinions , should i send my passport to Ottawa with a cover letter requesting a Visa Office change or shoukd I wait for a reply from cic ...I am so confused ..don't know what to do
hie i am in the same boat that u r in .. can u tell me about your decision? have u send ur passport to ottaWA or are you waiting vo change email? please share , i would really appreciate your help

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
tyt2012 said:
Hi, I received the passport request email last night.

I am residing in Alberta but my husband is in Malaysia now. I send an email to CIC this morning to request visa stamping in another office. After reading all posts here, I am thinking to ask my husband to send his passport to me, so I can send our passports to Ottawa together. I think it is the easier way.

Is it okay to change my mind after sending the email to CIC, should I send another email to CIC and tell them.
its is ok, you don't need to tell them again. It is better to send the passports together. Also singapore chc is very slow at responding & processing of passports. In Ottawa it takes around 2 weeks, in Singapore it takes more than 2 months.

tyt2012

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-12-2013
IELTS Request
Send w/ application
Med's Request
21-05-2-14
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
24-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
6-September-2014
iamroth said:
its is ok, you don't need to tell them again. It is better to send the passports together. Also singapore chc is very slow at responding & processing of passports. In Ottawa it takes around 2 weeks, in Singapore it takes more than 2 months.
Thanks. I am guessing the process of stamping in Singapore CHC is slow.
I will ask my husband to send his passport next week via courier.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
atmoham said:
hie i am in the same boat that u r in .. can u tell me about your decision? have u send ur passport to ottaWA or are you waiting vo change email? please share , i would really appreciate your help
Check your inbox

UHavetodo

May 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
27-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
Guys, are we getting the reply for VO Change mail..??

I'm waiting.. its 32nd day.. losing patience..

VO change requested for Australia. does country counts?

Sivakumar santhanam

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - waived, AOR 2 - Jan20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 07 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
UHavetodo said:
Guys, are we getting the reply for VO Change mail..??

I'm waiting.. its 32nd day.. losing patience..

VO change requested for Australia. does country counts?
I am also sent request 10 days before still no response. There is no fixed time for this request. Send a reminder Agian with all the details

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
I too requested 12 days back and no response yet.

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
Hi Seniors,

When we send reminder about VO change do we have to include first request date in the mail? Something like....below

Dear sir,i have requested for the visa office change request on XXX date or we just can send old mail again ?

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hello Everyone ,
I emailed cic 23 days ago and then after 2 weeks i sent them another reminder , still no reply :(..... My question is to those who already been though same situation and received VO change . Can i send my passport to Ottawa and wait for my spouse's approval for VO change . I wasn't expecting that kind of delay in the reply from cic . I hope they are receiving our emails . Please help me guys !!!!

Sivakumar santhanam

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - waived, AOR 2 - Jan20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 07 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sivakumar santhanam said:
I am also sent request 10 days before still no response. There is no fixed time for this request. Send a reminder Agian with all the details
Seems like CIC is busy with processing student visa's. so the vo change process became slower. we have to wait.. No option..

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
Sanj said:
Hello Everyone ,
I emailed cic 23 days ago and then after 2 weeks i sent them another reminder , still no reply :(..... My question is to those who already been though same situation and received VO change . Can i send my passport to Ottawa and wait for my spouse's approval for VO change . I wasn't expecting that kind of delay in the reply from cic . I hope they are receiving our emails . Please help me guys !!!!
Hi Sanj,

you can send your passport to Ottawa while you are waiting for reply from CIC for your wife's VO transfer. I did the same and got my PP stamped in Ottawa. just include a cover letter while sending your paspport saying that you requested VO change for your Wife and sending only your passport to Ottawa.

hope this helps..

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
DavisJun2013 said:
Hi Sanj,

you can send your passport to Ottawa while you are waiting for reply from CIC for your wife's VO transfer. I did the same and got my PP stamped in Ottawa. just include a cover letter while sending your paspport saying that you requested VO change for your Wife and sending only your passport to Ottawa.

hope this helps..
Thanks bro

cheemaprince_brar

Jun 21, 2014
Hello friends,
I have one questions hope all of you can help me I am in Canada as principle Applicant and my husband is in India as a dependent, I am waiting for ppr.I can send my passport to Ottawa but For my husband should I get his passport here or send request to chane visa stamping office after I got Ppr fo both of us . Please suggest, really very confused !!! Thanks

UHavetodo

May 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
27-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
Hi cheemaprince_brar,

Since you are principal applicants, there is no harm in getting your husband's passport and sending together to Canada.

But you have to find a way to get the passport to Canada, from india to any country mailing/transporting passport through courier is not allowed.. LEGALLY.. But there are option like someone travelling specially any relatives carrying with authorized letter will do.

Of seeing the delay in the VO change mail.. you can go with this option..

Seniors? any thought...