waived
Passport Req..
May 12,2014
VISA ISSUED...
june 20,2014
LANDED..........
july 7,2014
sandrinho said:
I have been waiting for 12 days. Some hear back within a week, other wait longer ...
that's what I'm afraid too, then we need to wait again for, I don't know how long again, the visa office to send back our passport.

raagaa

Star Member
Aug 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
15-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
---
Hi,

I am not sure about other countries however in India generally PP submission is done via a third party collection agency called as VFS Global. I spoke to their Canada Division and they have confirmed that my passport can be submitted for visa printing purpose based only on the PP Request and any documentation mentioned as per PP Request.
I did mention that CIC hasn't reverted back on my request yet however he insisted that it was absolutely fine to submit the PP for visa printing.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
raagaa said:
Hi,

I am not sure about other countries however in India generally PP submission is done via a third party collection agency called as VFS Global. I spoke to their Canada Division and they have confirmed that my passport can be submitted for visa printing purpose based only on the PP Request and any documentation mentioned as per PP Request.
I did mention that CIC hasn't reverted back on my request yet however he insisted that it was absolutely fine to submit the PP for visa printing.
Well I feel the same way, that you don't need an extra permission to submit in local office.

However, the PPR email clearly states, "if you are unable to send your passport to Ottawa - email us". So it is better to email them and wait for it.

But yes I agree, that the visa stamping can be done in any Canadian High Commission with the PPR.

raagaa

Star Member
Aug 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
15-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
---
iamroth said:
Well I feel the same way, that you don't need an extra permission to submit in local office.

However, the PPR email clearly states, "if you are unable to send your passport to Ottawa - email us". So it is better to email them and wait for it.

But yes I agree, that the visa stamping can be done in any Canadian High Commission with the PPR.
I read and reread the 'Ready for Visa' email. It does say that PPs from North American address will be accepted in Ottawa. Also, we are supposed to inform them in case we are not in North America. Once we inform they'll organize to get visa printed at a convenient nearby location. Doesn't explicitly say that we will revert with a permission.
Whilst I understand that they do revert back eventually but what if they inform the local visa office to print visa upon submission.
Must say that this is very vague and ambiguous communication. When all the correspondence with the applicant has been in their home country then how can a generic PP Request will do?
Anywho, I am taking my chances and getting my PP submitted with the 3 rd party vendor. I'll keep you all posted on how that works out for me. My experiment should be a good learning exp for all of the candidates who wish to get their visa printed outside of North America.

sandrinho

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
raagaa said:
I read and reread the 'Ready for Visa' email. It does say that PPs from North American address will be accepted in Ottawa. Also, we are supposed to inform them in case we are not in North America. Once we inform they'll organize to get visa printed at a convenient nearby location. Doesn't explicitly say that we will revert with a permission.
Whilst I understand that they do revert back eventually but what if they inform the local visa office to print visa upon submission.
Must say that this is very vague and ambiguous communication. When all the correspondence with the applicant has been in their home country then how can a generic PP Request will do?
Anywho, I am taking my chances and getting my PP submitted with the 3 rd party vendor. I'll keep you all posted on how that works out for me. My experiment should be a good learning exp for all of the candidates who wish to get their visa printed outside of North America.
Hi Raagaa,
It will definitely be nice to know what is the outcome of your experiment :) Keep us posted :)

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
sandrinho said:
Hi Raagaa,
It will definitely be nice to know what is the outcome of your experiment :) Keep us posted :)
Hey sandrinho, can you quote the email that you sent to CIC about your local visa stamping?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Also Does PPR contain spouse's name? Or do you get a separate email for PPR?
I have never gotten PPR before so just asking :p

sandrinho

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
iamroth said:
Hey sandrinho, can you quote the email that you sent to CIC about your local visa stamping?
Oh, it is nothing special, just a line or two, saying that I am not residing in North America and I am asking them to make an arrangement at another office.
But I think I am not the one who should give advice here, after all I haven't heard back yet ;D

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
iamroth said:
Also Does PPR contain spouse's name? Or do you get a separate email for PPR?
I have never gotten PPR before so just asking :p
It is just with principal applicant name in it. There is no separate email for each family member.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
sandrinho said:
Oh, it is nothing special, just a line or two, saying that I am not residing in North America and I am asking them to make an arrangement at another office.
But I think I am not the one who should give advice here, after all I haven't heard back yet ;D
Did n't you include your application info on the email (like UCI, AOR, name) ?

GHD1213 said:
It is just with principal applicant name in it. There is no separate email for each family member.
Thank you!

sandrinho

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
iamroth said:
Did n't you include your application info on the email (like UCI, AOR, name) ?
Of course I did. I always include UCI, App #, Name, DOB.....all attributes :)

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
sandrinho said:
Of course I did. I always include UCI, App #, Name, DOB.....all attributes :)
Hmm I think a lot of people had to wait for 14-20 days. May be yours' will come too next week.

I Just got PPR and emailed them to allow visa stamping at a local office. Now Lets' see how long I have to wait.

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Its been 10 days since I send the passport for stamping . Still have not heard anything and status is still in process . This visa stamping process from other office really takes a long time to get the mail and then to stamp it.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Did you guys get a "DO NOT REPLY - This is an automatic acknowledgement" email after sending message to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca ?

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
iamroth said:
Did you guys get a "DO NOT REPLY - This is an automatic acknowledgement" email after sending message to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca ?
yes