+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Rejection right after Biometrics

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
Hey folks

One of my friends did his Biometrics on January 20th in Istanbul VAC, and approximately 3 hours after completing the Biometrics, he received the decision letter rejecting his study visa application.
He messed up the time for his appointment and showed up 3 hours late for the Biometrics and apparently got into an argument with one of the staff at the VAC, and the staff member threatened that he will report the incident!
The reasons for refusal in the decision letter are:

You do not have significant family ties outside Canada
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

I find it extremely strange that the VO reviewed and rejected the application so fast. Any chance that that staff member guy did something to mess with his application?
Any thoughts?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey folks

One of my friends did his Biometrics on January 20th in Istanbul VAC, and approximately 3 hours after completing the Biometrics, he received the decision letter rejecting his study visa application.
He messed up the time for his appointment and showed up 3 hours late for the Biometrics and apparently got into an argument with one of the staff at the VAC, and the staff member threatened that he will report the incident!
The reasons for refusal in the decision letter are:

You do not have significant family ties outside Canada
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

I find it extremely strange that the VO reviewed and rejected the application so fast. Any chance that that staff member guy did something to mess with his application?
Any thoughts?
No the fight has nothing to do with the refusal reason you mentioned.

Reactions: Ben_Zi and scylla

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
No the fight has nothing to do with the refusal reason you mentioned.
Isn’t it strange that it got rejected so fast? It seems as if they didn’t even review the application and it got rejected automatically.
It takes a day or 2 for Biometrics results to even show in the system

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Isn’t it strange that it got rejected so fast? It seems as if they didn’t even review the application and it got rejected automatically.
It is not strange a guy from india was rejected in a day too. There is this guy Puneet immigration on Yt. He discussed a similar case of a boy rejected in 2 days or maybe 1. There are such cases too where PA was accepted in 6 days.

Reactions: Ben_Zi

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
No. It is not strange. My application was refused exactly within 24 hours after biometrics. In fact, my biometrics showed up on my GC account in one hour.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
As @jan1992 mentioned. He got his outcome in 24 hrs after his biometrics were updated and man they are literally updated in an hour u give away.
re apply with a stronger application.
btw when you do with detailed documentation it then sometimes take longer than the stated processing time

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Actually this biometrics, medical and the main application works simultaneously. So it can be possible that the processing has started and hence the biometric.
So the results came in at same time and also this is the most common reason for rejection. Tell your friend to hire a very professional solicitor, set up a well researched letter of explanation and reapply. I think the better the explanation letter the better the chances.

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
Actually this biometrics, medical and the main application works simultaneously. So it can be possible that the processing has started and hence the biometric.
So the results came in at same time and also this is the most common reason for rejection. Tell your friend to hire a very professional solicitor, set up a well researched letter of explanation and reapply. I think the better the explanation letter the better the chances.
They actually applied as a couple. One for study permit and the other one as visitor.
They are planning to reapply
Do you think they have a better chance if one of them apply first for student visa alone, and after obtaining the visa the spouse apply for open work permit?
Would that work? Or is it better to reapply at the same time again?

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
They actually applied as a couple. One for study permit and the other one as visitor.
Do you think they have a better chance if one of them apply first for student visa alone, and after obtaining the visa the spouse apply for open work permit?
That is more reasonable. Try for only student first and then for OWP/Visitor.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes student visa option is good and then once done then another