+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Rejection. Please Help

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
Hello, I got the same rejection too for the following reasons :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

for the first point, I do not understand because I applied for a masters degree programme in education and I currently hold PGCE which I completed in 2016

I don't know why they are talking of limited employment. I am a government teacher and have been teaching for the past 4 years

for the last reason, I presented a bank statement of about 49 thousand CAD. plus I am married with two kids

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t know your profile. What school? Are you living in your home country? Why did you apply for a Masters of Education in Canada when you are not a licensed Canadian teacher and the program focuses on the Canadian education system?

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
Don’t know your profile. What school? Are you living in your home country? Why did you apply for a Masters of Education in Canada when you are not a licensed Canadian teacher and the program focuses on the Canadian education system?
The masters of the education program are not for Canadians only. It is a masters in educational leadership and the program has lot of international students I got admission from Thompson Rivers University.

yes, I am living in my home country and I am a licensed government teacher of Information technology. In truth, i require the Master's degree because I have eyes on administrative positions in the Ministry of secondary education in my country of residence (Cameroon)

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
What assets did you show?
How much is your total tuition and your living expenses?
What other source of income does your family have (e.g. wife working and earning)?
Did you apply alone or with your family?

Kpstu

Oct 27, 2020
Did you apply for GCMS notes ? without them its a guessing game as the text in their response above is used generically.

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
What assets did you show?
How much is your total tuition and your living expenses?
What other source of income does your family have (e.g. wife working and earning)?
Did you apply alone or with your family?
My mum died without a will, and i am the only child capable of taking care of her property. I lost my elder brother years back and my elder sister is sick and incapacitated. I showed the land document my mum left behind and the medical report of my sister as well as my brothers dead certificate.

my husband works but he is in the uae. I did not submit any of his documents to show his earnings

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
My mum died without a will, and i am the only child capable of taking care of her property. I lost my elder brother years back and my elder sister is sick and incapacitated. I showed the land document my mum left behind and the medical report of my sister as well as my brothers dead certificate.

my husband works but he is in the uae. I did not submit any of his documents to show his earnings
Total tution and living expenses was 44cad

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
Did you apply for GCMS notes ? without them its a guessing game as the text in their response above is used generically.
I have applied but will only get it by early july. I applied for Fall intake and i fear i might be out of time if i reapply in july

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Total tution and living expenses was 44cad
Sorry for your loss and for your family members' health situation. Unfortunately that might have worked against you in the eyes of the VO. If your family members and mum's assets require you to look after them, why then are you leaving all that behind to go to Canada to study? From what I'm reading, you should be staying at home to attend to your responsibilities.

Also, if your expenses total 44k and you show funds of 49k, how does that work? VO is not going to believe that you are going to spend almost your family's ENTIRE savings to go get a degree that won't improve your financial standing by a great deal (and definitely not in the immediate future) seeing as teachers don't earn a fortune. Also, what will your family live on while you are gone if all your money is spent on taking care of you in Canada?

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
Sorry for your loss and for your family members' health situation. Unfortunately that might have worked against you in the eyes of the VO. If your family members and mum's assets require you to look after them, why then are you leaving all that behind to go to Canada to study? From what I'm reading, you should be staying at home to attend to your responsibilities.

Also, if your expenses total 44k and you show funds of 49k, how does that work? VO is not going to believe that you are going to spend almost your family's ENTIRE savings to go get a degree that won't improve your financial standing by a great deal (and definitely not in the immediate future) seeing as teachers don't earn a fortune. Also, what will your family live on while you are gone if all your money is spent on taking care of you in Canada?
How do u suggest i make my case in the letter of explanation. I stated there that i have made arrangements for my kids and sister to stay with my father inlaw while i am away. Plus should taking care of them hold me back from pursuing my dreams

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
How do u suggest i make my case in the letter of explanation. I stated there that i have made arrangements for my kids and sister to stay with my father inlaw while i am away. Plus should taking care of them hold me back from pursuing my dreams
I think you shouldn't have included all that in your SOP in the first place as I don't see how it could have helped, However I don't think that is a big deal and you shouldn't really have to address it.

The GCMS note will tell you more, but the main crux of your refusal is about your employment prospect and the funds that you showed. That's where you should focus on when you reapply. Can you show more funds or income potential - perhaps show your husband's income which will still be flowing in while you are not working? Also, you need to expatiate more on the ROI you expect to get that will justify you spending so much on getting a degree in Canada given your line of work and the earning potential in your country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are spending all your money (your life’s savings) on this program. The other issue is your program. You want to go to TRU for a Masters in Education. The program is focused on indigenous and the BC education systems as stated on their main page. What is the benefit to you to take this program? You aren’t a licensed teacher and don’t have a Bachelor of Education. Also the TRU program can be taken totally online so you don’t need a study permit. You can take it from your home country without coming to Canada.

lovepreet_singh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
does it matter.if you are not applying from your home country??