+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejection after passport request?

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi guys, I have submitted my spouse and my passport after I received the passport request letter. Is there any chance of rejection after CIC asking for passports?

I applied for a student visa and SOWP for my spouse on 26th Feb. Did the biometrics on 3rd March. Medical passed and passport request on 11th. Final decision says approved. But eligibility review and background check in progress.

Please help we are a bit worried as both of our visas got approved on the same day. I've heard that the student visa gets approved first and SOWP takes time.

Reactions: demme343

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No, passport requests mean that your application has been approved, which is why "Final Decision" in your GCKey says "Approved." The application statuses in the other fields don't change until the passport has the visa counterfoil in it.

Reactions: Jedi_Returns

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
No, passport requests mean that your application has been approved, which is why "Final Decision" in your GCKey says "Approved." The application statuses in the other fields don't change until the passport has the visa counterfoil in it.
Thank you so much for your reply!

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi guys, I have submitted my spouse and my passport after I received the passport request letter. Is there any chance of rejection after CIC asking for passports?

I applied for a student visa and SOWP for my spouse on 26th Feb. Did the biometrics on 3rd March. Medical passed and passport request on 11th. Final decision says approved. But eligibility review and background check in progress.

Please help we are a bit worried as both of our visas got approved on the same day. I've heard that the student visa gets approved first and SOWP takes time.
In which country you applied from?