+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Rejected, Please Guide!

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hello,

I got a visa rejection on Feb for January17 intake. I had applied for Visa on November16. I applied for Ontario College Certificate course Big Data Applied Science in Lambton College of 8 months duration. My rejection reason was mentioned as "other reasons" in the rejection letter.

I have done B.E in computer engineering, completed in 2012. I have worked as a software engineer (data integration) since 2012. Below is my profile:
10th - 87.8
12th - 70.4
B.E - 65.5 (no backlogs, I have been granted 1 grace mark for passing 2 subjects though)
IELTS - 8 (no less than 7)

My GCMS notes are as follows:
"Given the applicant's previous employment history, educational history and academic standing, the motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable. Applicant has a low grade point average with several failing grades. Applicant has been away from full time studies for over 4 years. As such I am not satisfied that the applicant is a BF student who will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada.I am of the opinion that PA is not a BF temp resident who will depart Canada at the end of the pd of auth stay. Application refused "

Apart from the 2 subjects with 1 grace mark each, I have failed in no subjects ever. I plan to apply again next week. What all suggestions can you give me for re-applying?

Also, if anyone has an SOP prepared for re-application of visa, could you please share the same?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Go for a post graduate diploma rather than a certificate.

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hello Scylla,

This is Ontario College Graduate Certificate course for a year. I want to do something in Big Data. Even Georgian offers Big Data Analytics but again, that is a Graduate certificate course.

Should I not go ahead with this profile for this course? I don't want to risk another visa rejection.

Thanks,
Remy

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
xyxrtm said:
Hello,

I got a visa rejection on Feb for January17 intake. I had applied for Visa on November16. I applied for Ontario College Certificate course Big Data Applied Science in Lambton College of 8 months duration. My rejection reason was mentioned as "other reasons" in the rejection letter.

I have done B.E in computer engineering, completed in 2012. I have worked as a software engineer (data integration) since 2012. Below is my profile:
10th - 87.8
12th - 70.4
B.E - 65.5 (no backlogs, I have been granted 1 grace mark for passing 2 subjects though)

"Given the applicant's previous employment history, educational history and academic standing, the motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable. Applicant has a low grade point average with several failing grades. Applicant has been away from full time studies for over 4 years. As such I am not satisfied that the applicant is a BF student who will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada.I am of the opinion that PA is not a BF temp resident who will depart Canada at the end of the pd of auth stay. Application refused "

Apart from the 2 subjects with 1 grace mark each, I have failed in no subjects ever. I plan to apply again next week. What all suggestions can you give me for re-applying?

Also, if anyone has an SOP prepared for re-application of visa, could you please share the same?

Hey,

Will you provide some more details of your profile

" Applicant has a low grade point average with several failing grades" : Visa officer has some concerns about your academics. Do u have any backlogs ? is there any mention in your mark-sheet that you got grace mark to pass the subject ?? is there an semester marks below 60% or below 50% ? Was your course completed in time ?

Had you not attached any SOP ?? if u have attached , what did u mention ??

Was it under SPP submission ?? Date u applied for Visa ?? and date when u got the refusal ?

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hi jo,

Answering your questions:

I don't have any backlogs. Yes, marksheets do mention the grace marks. I have had 2 subjects in which I got 1 mark grace in my 8 semester bachelor's degree engineering course - one in 3rd semester and one in 7th semester.

No, I have no semester where I have scored below 60 and I completed my course in time.

I had attached my SOP. I did not mention anything about the grace marks because i did not give it much thought ! My SOP focussed more on my work experience as I worked on datà integration and ETL and how that progresses to big data as it's the accepted future in data analytics. I explained how an academic qualification in big data will help me expand my employability in my home country as well.

I applied for visa under spp on 22nd November 2016 and I got this rejection on 8th Feb 2017. I had a scar on my lungs in the up-front medicals for which i had been asked for furtherance. The second medical was submitted on the 9th feb 2017 (cleared) but medical is written as administrativly cancelled in my rejection letter.

jo0503 said:
Hey,

Will you provide some more details of your profile

" Applicant has a low grade point average with several failing grades" : Visa officer has some concerns about your academics. Do u have any backlogs ? is there any mention in your mark-sheet that you got grace mark to pass the subject ?? is there an semester marks below 60% or below 50% ? Was your course completed in time ?

Had you not attached any SOP ?? if u have attached , what did u mention ??

Was it under SPP submission ?? Date u applied for Visa ?? and date when u got the refusal ?

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
xyxrtm said:
Hi jo,

Answering your questions:

I don't have any backlogs. Yes, marksheets do mention the grace marks. I have had 2 subjects in which I got 1 mark grace in my 8 semester bachelor's degree engineering course - one in 3rd semester and one in 7th semester.

No, I have no semester where I have scored below 60 and I completed my course in time.

I had attached my SOP. I did not mention anything about the grace marks because i did not give it much thought ! My SOP focussed more on my work experience as I worked on datà integration and ETL and how that progresses to big data as it's the accepted future in data analytics. I explained how an academic qualification in big data will help me expand my employability in my home country as well.

I applied for visa under spp on 22nd November 2016 and I got this rejection on 8th Feb 2017. I had a scar on my lungs in the up-front medicals for which i had been asked for furtherance. The second medical was submitted on the 9th feb 2017 (cleared) but medical is written as administrativly cancelled in my rejection letter.
Okay !

According to my opinion .

Your profile is good. I assume your medicals are fine and also u have opted for PG level course.

1. Go ahead and try in general Category. If possible , try University level but PG level is also ok i guess
2. Write a strong and precise SOP (not too long) explaining your academics, reason for choosing the particular programe along with other imp factors.Hope you already have a good idea about explaining everything in SOP.
3. You may also write a letter of explanation, explaining your educational background, qualification, future prospects and so on. Take good advice from well established education consultant also.

Good Luck !

Good Luck !

Feb 6, 2018
Hello,

10th - 87.8
12th - 70.4

Hello did you get your visa