+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected. Need help reapplying.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do keep in mind that the three of them applied together in one application package. But separately, these are the documents for each applicant.
Your sister is not a minor nor an overaged dependent on your dad. She needs to apply on her own and not as part of your parents' applications

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
All three of them have currently valid US visas (that expire in 2021) thus making them eligible for CAN+ processing. They have mentioned the CAN+ eligibility in the cover letter and I have done the same in my invitation letter as well. They scanned all the visas and the exit/entry stamps and submitted them with the application package. They even made a travel history table for each applicant with columns for Country, Entry date, Exit date, and Purpose of Visit.
It's for the visa office to decide whether or not to process any application under CAN+.

Your parents and sister were refused for financial assets. This is the reason why we recommend including evidence of financial resources even though they are not required for CAN+

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
It's for the visa office to decide whether or not to process any application under CAN+.

Your parents and sister were refused for financial assets. This is the reason why we recommend including evidence of financial resources even though they are not required for CAN+
As per the refusal letter, the grounds for refusal were financial and personal assets AND travel history.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do keep in mind that the three of them applied together in one application package. But separately, these are the documents for each applicant.

Dad (principal applicant):
1. Cover Letter
2.Copy of passport front page
3. Purpose of Travel
· My wedding invitation card and envelope
· Wedding venue confirmation
· Travel Itinerary
4. Previous travel history
5. Proof of Financial Support and Asset
· Letter from Bank regarding Personal bank status
· Bank Statements
· Letter from Company A stating my dad's position in the company
o Bank Statement for Company A
o Company Registration documents for Company A- Notarized
o Company A Brochure
· Tax Documents
· Audited financial statement
· Company Registration documents for Company B- Notarized
· Land Ownership Documents
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Letter of invitation
· Invitation letter from me and my fiance
· A copy of my PR card and his passport front page
· Our bank statements
8. Proof of Relationship
· My Birth Certificate proving that my mom and dad are my parents
1. It is not clear what role your dad has in Company A? Nor to what extent he is involved in the day-to-day management of Company A.

2. He has not proved that his employment/Company A is an active reason for him to return to his home country.

3. As he has other business partners to manage Company A, he could decide to extend his visit = Company A is not a compelling reason for him to return home.

4. Does his bank balance match his income earned through Company A?

5. Is he authorized by law and also with the consent of his business partners to use business finances of Company A for his personal visit?

6. It is unusual for someone to keep CAD 120,000 in his/her personal bank account without investing it. This again implies that the bank balance did not match his declared income = Refusal for financial assets.

7. Does his partnership in Company A allow him to own another company like Company B?

For Company B my dad and my sister are the partners and they have 3 employees working for them. Note that this is different from my sister's position in her other work which issued her the Letter of Employment.
Does the terms of your sister's employment allow her to own a business on the side?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As per the refusal letter, the grounds for refusal were financial and personal assets AND travel history.
The 'AND' does not change anything. These are TWO separate refusal grounds.

This is precisely what I meant. Although CAN+ processing does not require evidence of finances, your parents and sister were refused for the same reason i.e. for inadequate financial assets

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
1. It is not clear what role your dad has in Company A? Nor to what extent he is involved in the day-to-day management of Company A.

2. He has not proved that his employment/Company A is an active reason for him to return to his home country.

3. As he has other business partners to manage Company A, he could decide to extend his visit = Company A is not a compelling reason for him to return home.

4. Does his bank balance match his income earned through Company A?

5. Is he authorized by law and also with the consent of his business partners to use business finances of Company A for his personal visit?

6. It is unusual for someone to keep CAD 120,000 in his/her personal bank account without investing it. This again implies that the bank balance did not match his declared income = Refusal for financial assets.

7. Does his partnership in Company A allow him to own another company like Company B?

Does the terms of your sister's employment allow her to own a business on the side?
Hey @Bryanna I will respond to this message first thing when I get the time tomorrow. I'm heading to bed right now.

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
[
Yes we have decided to do that this time.

My family's translated and notarized documents are dated mid-March. Can we use the the same documents when reapplying (it'll probably be 1.5 weeks from now)? Or are those documents now considered outdated and we need to get them notarized again? Is it ok to submit 1-2 month(s) old documents?
Hey @Bryanna what are your thoughts on this?

Sumitshah4u

Mar 22, 2019
My mom, dad, and my younger sister (29) applied for TRV to attend my wedding in late June. They applied together with my dad as the principal applicant (paper application). They got rejection emails exactly one week after they submitted their applications. This is so upsetting. I can't even fathom having a wedding without them. The grounds for refusal they gave in the email were:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

The thing is those reasons just don't make sense to me. My family is fortunate enough to have always been in a good financial situation and own properties. Also, all three of them have, what I would consider, strong travel histories.

For proof of personal assets and financial status, they submitted letter of goodwill from the bank, my dad's bank statements showing about 120K, company business registration document for 2 different businesses, bank statement for one business, tax documents, audited financial statements, land/property ownership documents for all three of them. My sister also submitted her own employment letter, bank statements, and letter of goodwill from the bank.

In the past 10 years my dad has traveled to US five times and Germany twice. My mother has traveled to the US four times in the past 10 years. My sister was an undergrad student in the US from 2007-2011 and then spent another year in the US working on OPT (Optional Practical Training). She came back home in 2012 after completing her OPT and has since visited the US twice on visitor visa. She has also traveled to Germany, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, and Thailand (twice) in the last 10 years. All three of them have currently valid US visas (that expire in 2021) thus making them eligible for CAN+ processing. They have mentioned the CAN+ eligibility in the cover letter and I have done the same in my invitation letter as well. They scanned all the visas and the exit/entry stamps and submitted them with the application package. They even made a travel history table for each applicant with columns for Country, Entry date, Exit date, and Purpose of Visit.

I just fail to understand how they could be rejected for TRV based on their personal assets and financial status, and travel history. It just doesn't make sense. Can senior experts like @Bryanna @scylla or anybody help me understand what can we do different when reapplying so that we get a positive response. We have decided that we will try again with only my parents applying. We're also considering doing an online application this time. Do you think this will help or does it not really matter?

FYI, this is the list of documents they submitted along with their forms and document checklist

1. Cover Letter
2. Proof of fee payment
3. Passport copies of all three applicants
4. Photos of all three applicants
5. Purpose of Travel
· My wedding invitation card and envelope
· Wedding venue confirmation
· Travel Itinerary
6. Previous travel history of all three applicants
7. Proof of Financial Support and Asset
· Letter from Bank regarding Personal bank status
· Bank Statements
· Letter from Company A stating my dad's position in the company
o Bank Statement for Company A
o Company Registration documents for Company A- Notarized
o Company A Brochure
· Tax Documents
· Audited financial statement
· Company Registration documents for Company B- Notarized
· Land Documents under all three applicants' names
8. More documents belonging to sister
· Letter of employment
· Personal Bank documents
· Letter of goodwill from Bank
· Bachelor’s degree certificate from XXXXX College, New York, USA
9. Marriage Certificate of my parents
10. Letter of invitation
· Invitation letter from me and my fiance
· A copy of my PR card and his passport front page
· Our bank statements
11. Proof of Relationship
· My Birth Certificate proving that my mom and dad are my parents
· My sister's Birth Certificate proving that we have the same parents and are hence sisters

Hi,
i too had the same experience and my case was similar to yours. My purpose was family leisure tour to canada. we too had good travel history, finances, good job (am a VP at a invesment bank). only this was i had applied in canada express entry pool in the past for PR.

i am really surprised how easily they can reject a application after getting all the proofs. they dont even give a clear reason.