+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected Jan 2020, change program?

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
Hi guys, my student visa got rejected for Jan semester lol

I have applied for caips so will know the exact reason but I think it might be because of my choice of program.

BSc in biotechnology gpa: 3.94
Ielts: 8.0
Graduated: May 2019

I applied for the advanced diploma in biotechnology. But now I am thinking of changing it to food science diploma. Will it make a difference? I wanted to pursue food science anyway rather than biotechnology.

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
A diploma is a lower level than a bachelors. You need to enrol in something like a masters
it’s a fast track diploma for university graduates.

I can’t find course based masters program related to biotechnology/nutrition or food science. You need a supervisor for all of them.
That’s why a diploma is my only option for food science which I actually have an interest in.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
it’s a fast track diploma for university graduates.

I can’t find course based masters program related to biotechnology/nutrition or food science. You need a supervisor for all of them.
That’s why a diploma is my only option for food science which I actually have an interest in.
Doing a diploma program when you already have a bachelor degree will not be convincing to the visa officers that you have the intention to leave Canada at the end of your temporary stay. It adds no value to your bachelor degree.