+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refused under A16

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
G

Hi I have posted a question at the end of this thread. Request you to please share your insight on this. reposting the question here:

My question is little bit off topic but I need some help regarding the imm1294e form , background information section question 1 part b.
I am a kidney transplant patient and I need a follow up with a nephrologist every 4 to 6 months. Should I tick Yes in that section and write it up in the "c" section or I shouldn't tell about this thinking that a follow up with a doctor isn't a necessary thing to tell.
I believe you have been advised quite correctly here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-medical-inadmissibility-nightmare.566541/#post-7290829

95011rohit

Nov 4, 2019
That's good. You're quite lucky. You have not been banned for misrepresentation.

You can reapply. Do declare both the US and Canada visa refusals in the Background Information section of the TRV application form + the explanation for your US visa refusal
I also got same concern and embassy give me 10 day so please help me how to i show my all documents is genuine please hel

amitbhabra

Nov 10, 2019
Hi,

I need assistance from your end..

My brother-in-law applied for Canadian visa (for attending a seminar at his employer office). Couple of days back he got the refusal letter (not declaring the refusal of USA Visa) under section 16(1). The refusal letter also states that if the person is found engaged in misrepresentation in submitting the application then the officer can put a ban on him for 5 year for entry into Canada.They have given us 10 days for appeal about this decision.

He applied for USA visa (to attend cousin's convocation) in Aug, 2012 and it was refused. He never got any written communication on why it was refused and no entry was made in the passport about the refusal. During his interview with the officials (Aug, 2012) he was advised verbally that he has applied in very short time.

While filling up application form, based upon the above facts (no stamping / communication) about USA visa, he thought that he doesn't need to fill up this information.

He needs to send a letter to the immigration officer clearly explaining why he didn't fill up the information regarding refusal to USA. Would the above be sufficient to reply back to the officer? Do we need need to provide some extra information/docs to make the case strong and more sensible?
Any chance an employer can help him in any way to get this resolved?

I know because of negligence the mistake has happened and it's going to affect his career.. Any advise on the above would be really really appreciated.

Thanks
Amit

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

I need assistance from your end..

My brother-in-law applied for Canadian visa (for attending a seminar at his employer office). Couple of days back he got the refusal letter (not declaring the refusal of USA Visa) under section 16(1). The refusal letter also states that if the person is found engaged in misrepresentation in submitting the application then the officer can put a ban on him for 5 year for entry into Canada.They have given us 10 days for appeal about this decision.

He applied for USA visa (to attend cousin's convocation) in Aug, 2012 and it was refused. He never got any written communication on why it was refused and no entry was made in the passport about the refusal. During his interview with the officials (Aug, 2012) he was advised verbally that he has applied in very short time.

While filling up application form, based upon the above facts (no stamping / communication) about USA visa, he thought that he doesn't need to fill up this information.

He needs to send a letter to the immigration officer clearly explaining why he didn't fill up the information regarding refusal to USA. Would the above be sufficient to reply back to the officer? Do we need need to provide some extra information/docs to make the case strong and more sensible?
Any chance an employer can help him in any way to get this resolved?

I know because of negligence the mistake has happened and it's going to affect his career.. Any advise on the above would be really really appreciated.

Thanks
Amit
1. Well he knew that he was refused, whether his passport was stamped or not. He declared that he had never been refused a visa, which was a lie. So it probably doesn't matter what he replies to the Fairness letter, he is going to receive a 5 year ban from Canada.