+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refused under A16

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Wh
Hey no worries :)

1. This means IRCC has concerns whether or not you have been accepted for a study program to a DLI. Did you submit all relevant documents for this point?

2. This reason means there's a possible mismatch in the documents for your identity and your passport and/or the details which you had entered in the application form

3. This reason means IRCC has concerns whether or not you will abide by the conditions of your study permit or you may violate these conditions (for example, by working illegally or by not being able to afford your study program, etc)
I'm new in this forum so I do not have any idea couls you pls confirm DLI stands for ?
- i have provided them offer letter and acceptance letter received from memorial university.

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
Can CIC find the visa refusal history of any applicant from country other than Canada or US?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
There is no refusal stamp on passport. it was refusal of uae e visa and which was granted next week when applying through agent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no refusal stamp on passport. it was refusal of uae e visa and which was granted next week when applying through agent.
Doesn't matter. CIC can still find out about refusals even without a passport stamp or with a new passport. It's an extremely bad idea to lie.

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
Doesn't matter. CIC can still find out about refusals even without a passport stamp or with a new passport. It's an extremely bad idea to lie.
My problem is that they did not give any reason for refusal of my e-visa. perhaps i entered wrong date of issue of saudi residence permit. if cic asks me i won't be able to give them the reason and it might raise suspucioun. do u have any idea how do they get the visa refusal history for country like uae?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My problem is that they did not give any reason for refusal of my e-visa. perhaps i entered wrong date of issue of saudi residence permit. if cic asks me i won't be able to give them the reason and it might raise suspucioun. do u have any idea how do they get the visa refusal history for country like uae?
When you sign a visa application, you allow IRCC to access any information (including private/personal information) from any source or agency.

Your previous visa refusals could show up during background checks or if IRCC suspects that a visa refusal was not declared (for example).

You must declare any previous visa refusal/entry denied to any country. Failure to declare this could lead to a visa refusal by IRCC besides the risk of a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation.

In your case, you must state that you don't know the reason for your Saudi visa refusal + you were issued the Saudi visa one week later after the refusal

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
When you sign a visa application, you allow IRCC to access any information (including private/personal information) from any source or agency.

Your previous visa refusals could show up during background checks or if IRCC suspects that a visa refusal was not declared (for example).

You must declare any previous visa refusal/entry denied to any country. Failure to declare this could lead to a visa refusal by IRCC besides the risk of a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation.

In your case, you must state that you don't know the reason for your Saudi visa refusal + you were issued the Saudi visa one week later after the refusal
yes you are correct ...but y i was worried because one of my friend who got CoPR told me that visit visa refusal is a red flag and disclosure of it might raise suspicioun and i won't be able to defend because they did not provide any reason. They even might ask for police clearance certificate for UAE which I won't be able to produce as i was just a visitor for 1 week only. (it is about UAE visa not Saudi...just for correction.)

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
yes you are correct ...but y i was worried because one of my friend who got CoPR told me that visit visa refusal is a red flag and disclosure of it might raise suspicioun and i won't be able to defend because they did not provide any reason. They even might ask for police clearance certificate for UAE which I won't be able to produce as i was just a visitor for 1 week only. (it is about UAE visa not Saudi...just for correction.)
I would not listen to this friend who can get you into serious trouble with IRCC, including a possible 5-years' ban for misrepresentation + cancellation of your PR application.

It's not necessary for the visa office of a country to provide reasons as to why they refused an applicant.

Think of it this way:
If your refusal was a serious matter with the UAE immigration authorities, you would not have been issued a visa when you applied just one week later.

Also, you are not required to submit a PCC if you were a visitor to the UAE for just one week.

My advice:
Please stop listening to bad advice from this friend

Last edited:
Reactions: sa83

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
I would not listen to this friend who can get you into serious trouble with IRCC, including a possible 5-years' ban for misrepresentation + cancellation of your PR application.

It's not necessary for the visa office of a country to provide reasons as to why they refused an applicant.

Think of it this way:
If your refusal was a serious matter with the UAE immigration authorities, you would not have been issued a visa when you applied just one week later.

Also, you are not required to submit a PCC if you were a visitor to the UAE for just one week.

My advice:
Please stop listening to bad advice from this friend
thank u very much....now i have made up my mind to disclose the visa refusal history...

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hey no worries :)

1. This means IRCC has concerns whether or not you have been accepted for a study program to a DLI. Did you submit all relevant documents for this point?

2. This reason means there's a possible mismatch in the documents for your identity and your passport and/or the details which you had entered in the application form

3. This reason means IRCC has concerns whether or not you will abide by the conditions of your study permit or you may violate these conditions (for example, by working illegally or by not being able to afford your study program, etc)

Hello, I need your assistance...

I applied for Master of medical biotechnology for university of Windsor. I got offer letter and going to apply for study permit. In this regard, I need your assistance regarding documentation and SOP... Could you pls. help me out. ..

Nitin121

Sep 29, 2017
india
My question is little bit off topic but I need some help regarding the imm1294e form , background information section question 1 part b.
I am a kidney transplant patient and I need a follow up with a nephrologist every 4 to 6 months. Should I tick Yes in that section and write it up in the "c" section or I shouldn't tell about this thinking that a follow up with a doctor isn't a necessary thing to tell.

Nitin121

Sep 29, 2017
india
G
Hi I have posted a question at the end of this thread. Request you to please share your insight on this. reposting the question here:

My question is little bit off topic but I need some help regarding the imm1294e form , background information section question 1 part b.
I am a kidney transplant patient and I need a follow up with a nephrologist every 4 to 6 months. Should I tick Yes in that section and write it up in the "c" section or I shouldn't tell about this thinking that a follow up with a doctor isn't a necessary thing to tell.