+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused- help and ideas

Unicorn2005

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
My study permit was refused on the below reason,

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Kindly advise if I can reply to the letter for condiseration and what do they mean by 216(1) of the IRPR,

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Kindly advise if I can reply to the letter for condiseration and what do they mean by 216(1) of the IRPR,
It means they are not satisfied that you will be leaving Canada at the end of your temporary stay.

luisd

Jan 15, 2020

Hi,

Can you please share your timeline and where did you apply?

Kind regards,

Piecoco

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019

When do you get your final decision and when do you applied?

kishi9

Jul 13, 2016
Good morning, sir,

I would like to put all chances aside for my future application for a study visa in call 2021. I would like to do a bachelor's degree in administration in order to work in the banking sector in the DRC. It is a sector where employment opportunities are strong. Possessing a Canadian diploma is an added value that will allow salary and material advantage over the latest Congolese diplomas. The banking project for the population is a priority in the DRC. There are only 3 pc of the population banked.

Indeed I was refused a visitor's visa to spend 2 weeks in Canada during the Christmas holidays. I would like to put all my chances aside.

The reason for the denial:

Low employment prospects: I live in

Insufficient funds

My doctor aunt took care of everything, plane tickets and accommodation.

Pay slip, letter of acceptance, proof of employment, etc.

Travel abroad too recent

Last 3 trips during school holidays before the visa application:

Schengen: summer 2019

Zambia: Spring 2019

South Africa: Christmas 2018

My personal history:

I'm 18 years old and was born in 2001.

I study at the French Consular School in DR Congo. My father is a permanent resident in Canada, entering through a study permit in 2001. My mother is a permanent resident in England.

My parents have me at 18 years old. They separated and let me live with my grandparents in Congo.

My father is married to his Canadian wife and they have two Canadian children.

My father did not include me as a child in his application for PR.

My mother who lives in England is married to an Englishman and they have an English son together.

Paternal side

2 aunts a Canadian doctor and a Permanent Resident living in Canada for more than 20 years

1 Canadian uncle living in Canada for over 20 years.

Congolese grandparents visitor visa since 2016

Maternal side

1 Canadian aunt who has lived in Canada for more than 10 years

1 Congolese aunt visitor visa for Canada since October 2019

Congolese grandmother has a Visitor Visa since October 2019

Thank you in advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Good morning, sir,

I would like to put all chances aside for my future application for a study visa in call 2021. I would like to do a bachelor's degree in administration in order to work in the banking sector in the DRC. It is a sector where employment opportunities are strong. Possessing a Canadian diploma is an added value that will allow salary and material advantage over the latest Congolese diplomas. The banking project for the population is a priority in the DRC. There are only 3 pc of the population banked.

Indeed I was refused a visitor's visa to spend 2 weeks in Canada during the Christmas holidays. I would like to put all my chances aside.

Insufficient funds

Travel abroad too recent

My personal history:

I study at the French Consular School in DR Congo. My father is a permanent resident in Canada, entering through a study permit in 2001. My mother is a permanent resident in England.

My parents have me at 18 years old. They separated and let me live with my grandparents in Congo.

My mother who lives in England is married to an Englishman and they have an English son together.

Paternal side

2 aunts a Canadian doctor and a Permanent Resident living in Canada for more than 20 years

Maternal side

Thank you in advance
Unfortunately your family history is working against you. You have a lot of close family in Canada and the natural assumption is that you are less likely to be a real student and more likely to be trying to get into Canada and stay there.

If you want to get past this, there are a couple of ways that could work.

1. Get admitted to a really good college/university in Canada (Top 3). If you get into a competitive program at a top school, it shows that you are a legitimate student and will increase your chances.

2. Finish your undergrad in Congo or elsewhere (at a good school), work for a year or two, and then come to Canada for your Master's degree (at a good school, but doesn't need to be a top school at this point). Again, that will show that you have strong ties to your home country and you're a bonafide student.

You should look at programs at the University of Montreal or McGill. I assume you speak fluent French and it might be easier to get into a top-rated program there.

Reactions: kishi9

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately your family history is working against you. You have a lot of close family in Canada and the natural assumption is that you are less likely to be a real student and more likely to be trying to get into Canada and stay there.

1. Get admitted to a really good college/university in Canada (Top 3). If you get into a competitive program at a top school, it shows that you are a legitimate student and will increase your chances.

2. Finish your undergrad in Congo or elsewhere (at a good school), work for a year or two, and then come to Canada for your Master's degree (at a good school, but doesn't need to be a top school at this point). Again, that will show that you have strong ties to your home country and you're a bonafide student.

You should look at programs at the University of Montreal or McGill. I assume you speak fluent French and it might be easier to get into a top-rated program there.
McGill is an English university so not sure why speaking French would be seen as an advantage for admission.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good morning, sir,

Insufficient funds

Travel abroad too recent

My personal history:

Paternal side

Maternal side

Thank you in advance
As others have already pointed out most of your family doesn’t live in the DRC and between Canada and the UK both your parents have left DRC on a permanent basis. Why did your parents not include you on their immigration applications? That has created a big issue for you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
McGill is an English university so not sure why speaking French would be seen as an advantage for admission.
True, true. I'm not an expert on Canadian colleges. My point was that if the OP speaks French, he should see if that helps get admission into a good school

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
True, true. I'm not an expert on Canadian colleges. My point was that if the OP speaks French, he should see if that helps get admission into a good school
Speaking French will make no difference. It will allow OP to apply to both French and a English universities.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Speaking French will make no difference. It will allow OP to apply to both French and a English universities.
Yes, I am aware of that.

My point is that speaking multiple languages opens up options that the OP may not have considered - if he didn't speak French, he couldn't apply to French universities.

Anyway, I'm sure OP understands.

Reactions: kishi9

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I am aware of that.

My point is that speaking multiple languages opens up options that the OP may not have considered - if he didn't speak French, he couldn't apply to French universities.

Anyway, I'm sure OP understands.
That’s not what you wrote so just clarifying.:)

kishi9

Jul 13, 2016

Thank you for your advice. My family history does indeed work against me. However, I hope they will be as forgiving to me as they were to my aunts and uncles who left for school while having ties to Canada.

My project is to study at HEC Montreal business school.

Thank you again for your input.

kishi9

Jul 13, 2016
As others have already pointed out most of your family doesn’t live in the DRC and between Canada and the UK both your parents have left DRC on a permanent basis. Why did your parents not include you on their immigration applications? That has created a big issue for you.
My parents were teenagers and students. They lived with their parents. Traditionally according to custom this situation is unacceptable, my mother had humiliated her family. On my birth certificate it said "born of unknown father." My legal guardians until I turned 18 were my paternal grandparents. My father was only able to recognize me last year.