+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused after 6 months waiting period. What a Joke

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
I want to raise a question here...!!!

If CIC website states that they are open to immigration to everyone who qualifies are welcomed and those who are not then they have clarified a path to become a qualified person by value adding yourself and that is you come to attain a relevant degree, pay the fee, submit GIC, get a certificate, get your PGWP, and then lawfully go for the PR. Isn't that the case????

and if yes..!! why do they refuse a permit application by saying they have concerns that a person will not leave Canada at the end of the stay..??? even though they have opened various immigration processes for International students which is a pinned post as well in the forum...

I seriously don't understand this contradictory statement....

And I really feel very sorry for you @Shazd85

May be its the matter of luck and you must get something better than this... In Sha Allah
Because not every study permit holder manages to attain PR. There have been cases where people stay back illegally, so the officers need to ensure that a person has good intentions. They also need to make sure that the applicant is a genuine student who would respect the rules & regulations. Of course they know that most of the students eventually plan to obtain PR, but the authority must be assured that just in case you are unable to attain PR, or unable to compete your studies properly- resulting in refusal of PGWP or extension, you will not stay back in Canada illegally & the only way to assure them about this is by showing your home ties, job opportunities in your home country, establishments in your home country, etc.
The Visa Officers don’t want to refuse anybody intentionally, they don’t hold grudge against any particular applicant, they are simply doing their job to make sure their country’s laws are obeyed.

Zeef

Mar 24, 2020
Well sometimes things dont workout the way we plan them. Now have to get refund of 32k CAD sitting in Canada. I had plan B going for MSC in Construction Management in UK. Applied for October intake.Finger crossed.
Wish you a very best of luck...!

All they took 6 super months to refuse a case I wonder how longer they would take to refund the amount...! do let us know how long it took you to get the amount back...

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
T
Wish you a very best of luck...!

All they took 6 super months to refuse a case I wonder how longer they would take to refund the amount...! do let us know how long it took you to get the amount back...
It took 6 months because of the unprecedented pandemic ! Also, The refund of fee falls under the jurisdiction of his college & the college is autonomous from the IRCC, so time required shall only be based on the already specified college refund norms.

Zeef

Mar 24, 2020
Because not every study permit holder manages to attain PR. There have been cases where people stay back illegally, so the officers need to ensure that a person has good intentions. They also need to make sure that the applicant is a genuine student who would respect the rules & regulations. Of course they know that most of the students eventually plan to obtain PR, but the authority must be assured that just in case you are unable to attain PR, or unable to compete your studies properly- resulting in refusal of PGWP or extension, you will not stay back in Canada illegally & the only way to assure them about this is by showing your home ties, job opportunities in your home country, establishments in your home country, etc.
The Visa Officers don’t want to refuse anybody intentionally, they don’t hold grudge against any particular applicant, they are simply doing their job to make sure their country’s laws are obeyed.
This guy has completed his one degree from US... he got back from there safely and eventually...He has a strong travel history...a more than valid IELTS score.... a job....most relevant course he has applied for.... no family ties in Canada....brighter expects in home country after a degree..... whatelse one can ask for..???

VISA OFFICERS DO REFUSE INTENTIONALLY...!! but they have their own logic to justify the refusal which apparently we don't understand...or they have not revealed it yet....

but the reasons they mentioned in this particular refusal are not understandable

Reactions: Tete and Aric127

Zeef

Mar 24, 2020
T

It took 6 months because of the unprecedented pandemic ! Also, The refund of fee falls under the jurisdiction of his college & the college is autonomous from the IRCC, so time required shall only be based on the already specified college refund norms.
fair enough..! colleges also fall in Canada's jurisdictions.. Right.!! and a DLI college is autonomous from IRCC who has a complete profile of a person on which rejection is based... :) Really...!!!

ok and GIC..???

Anyway, I just wanna know how long would it take to get the whole amount back..?

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hey i did order the GCMS notes out of curiosity. Would be interested to know visa officer comments on my case. Many said reapply with stronger SOP but i am not sure if its worth the time.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
fair enough..! colleges also fall in Canada's jurisdictions.. Right.!! and a DLI college is autonomous from IRCC who has a complete profile of a person on which rejection is based... :) Really...!!!

ok and GIC..???

Anyway, I just wanna know how long would it take to get the whole amount back..?
Mine took around 45-60 days, colleges specify the duration beforehand & they generally stick to that.

Reactions: Zeef

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Hey i did order the GCMS notes out of curiosity. Would be interested to know visa officer comments on my case. Many said reapply with stronger SOP but i am not sure if its worth the time.
Hi
Even I think you should reapply and give them a good fight ! But not only with stronger SOP, also show some properties in your or your parents’ name in your home country ! Get Bank Statements / CA Certificate as well.
Nonetheless, a super solid SOP along with some ties can turn the decision around dude !
But you already have plans for UK, that’s a pretty solid option dude ! You can decide to whether reapply or not after reading the GCMS notes I guess ?!

Reactions: JustDonna

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hi
Even I think you should reapply and give them a good fight ! But not only with stronger SOP, also show some properties in your or your parents’ name in your home country ! Get Bank Statements / CA Certificate as well.
Nonetheless, a super solid SOP along with some ties can turn the decision around dude !
But you already have plans for UK, that’s a pretty solid option dude ! You can decide to whether reapply or not after reading the GCMS notes I guess ?!
Have i already gave them strong ties such as. Home on my name. 2 plots, lots of land, car registration, and 100k CAD saving 1 year statement. Not sure what else to add other than explanation based on Visa officer comments. Not sure i can only decide after i receive the GCMS notes meanwhile process 0f UK is going.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Have i already gave them strong ties such as. Home on my name. 2 plots, lots of land, car registration, and 100k CAD saving 1 year statement. Not sure what else to add other than explanation based on Visa officer comments. Not sure i can only decide after i receive the GCMS notes meanwhile process 0f UK is going.
Go for UK then … anyhow, I saw some news few days back that UK is proposing some new rule which will allow us to qualify for 4 years of work permit after graduating. I really think this is the best time to apply for UK.
ALL THE VERY BEST FOR EVERYTHING DUDE !
just don’t feel let down by any result, you know you are right then no matter how many times they refuse you, you shall make it in the end !

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
I am thinking another angle to this, simply my opinion…
Since you have travelled to so many places at such a young age, they might think that you don’t have any intention to settle back in your own country. If rest everything you did with utmost carefulness, this is the only reason left & I agree this is a very pathetic point to consider for refusal. So whatever you do, if you reapply for canada, make sure you justify your past travels (tell them you travelled to gain global experience, your are young you can afford to do that so you are doing it, tell them your parents live in your home country & you gotta stay close to them so you wish to settle in your home country & not somewhere else as all your family establishments are in your home country )

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Try once more now sds will fast in augast and sep

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Since you have travelled to so many places at such a young age, they might think that you don’t have any intention to settle back in your own country. If rest everything you did with utmost carefulness, this is the only reason left & I agree this is a very pathetic point to consider for refusal. So whatever you do, if you reapply for canada, make sure you justify your past travels (tell them you travelled to gain global experience, your are young you can afford to do that so you are doing it, tell them your parents live in your home country & you gotta stay close to them so you wish to settle in your home country & not somewhere else as all your family establishments are in your home country )
Big bank balance also creat problems i read in many cases.my self when i was refused from canada in last many times i showed my doolors acount bussines account saving account my property my emploeus rejisyration etc etc
But when i just showed 1500$ in acount i got canadian TRV ahaha i was refused even i had travles to many countries of the world from.my collage time.europe asia every year 3 tours .

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Big bank balance also creat problems i read in many cases.my self when i was refused from canada in last many times i showed my doolors acount bussines account saving account my property my emploeus rejisyration etc etc
But when i just showed 1500$ in acount i got canadian TRV ahaha i was refused even i had travles to many countries of the world from.my collage time.europe asia every year 3 tours .
Damn !

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think there is a lot of truth to this.

If they see you have travelled a lot and have not spent a lot of time in your home country, this is generally when people get refusals.

I really don't know why they are this tough on people applying for temporary permits, i think they should look at the profile of the person. If it's clear the person would have a very good profile for PR, what is the point of refusing them? I understand if the person doesn't have a lot of funds or is not well educated, but they have a good profile, they should be happy that this person may apply for PR eventually if they come on a study permit.

It's just a weird part of the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_D