+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused after 6 months waiting period. What a Joke

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
eligibility
Guys below is my profile. Got a refusel last week. Applied SDS Category on January 23rd.
Interviewed February 12th. Received correspondent letter on March 31st. Received refusel letter July 7th.
Education:
Bachelor in Environmental Engineering from USA. Applied for PGD for Construction Management.
Work Experience: 3 years construction Manager
Previous Travel History: USA, UK, Turkey
Assests: Property, land, car, 100K CAD in Bank
-Paid 15k CAD GIC and 17K CAD Tuition in advance.
IELTS: 8 overall.

Below is the Refusel Letter.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Based on your profile i think you were incorrectly refused. I would recommend you to reapply with a SOP answering their questions so it doesn't hurt your record because i think you will accepted on second attempt. Don't know if they wont accept that profile what will they. I had alot weaker profile than you, non-sds, years of study gap, was accepted on end of 2019.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Based on your profile i think you were incorrectly refused. I would recommend you to reapply with a SOP answering their questions so it doesn't hurt your record because i think you will accepted on second attempt. Don't know if they wont accept that profile what will they. I had alot weaker profile than you, non-sds, years of study gap, was accepted on end of 2019.
Yes but timing is different. They're cutting down no. of intl students due to Covid. Screening has become a lot more competitive

Reactions: Zarak ali

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Don't be disheartened, unfortunately this happens quite often.

You have a very good profile and you will have other options easily.

If you ever want to come to Canada, just apply as a permanent resident.

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Guys below is my profile. Got a refusel last week. Applied SDS Category on January 23rd.
Interviewed February 12th. Received correspondent letter on March 31st. Received refusel letter July 7th.
Education:
Bachelor in Environmental Engineering from USA. Applied for PGD for Construction Management.
Work Experience: 3 years construction Manager
Previous Travel History: USA, UK, Turkey
Assests: Property, land, car, 100K CAD in Bank
-Paid 15k CAD GIC and 17K CAD Tuition in advance.
IELTS: 8 overall.

Below is the Refusel Letter.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
This is sad. I'm also waiting for the decision. I applied on the 28th of January.

Zeef

Mar 24, 2020
I want to raise a question here...!!!

If CIC website states that they are open to immigration to everyone who qualifies are welcomed and those who are not then they have clarified a path to become a qualified person by value adding yourself and that is you come to attain a relevant degree, pay the fee, submit GIC, get a certificate, get your PGWP, and then lawfully go for the PR. Isn't that the case????

and if yes..!! why do they refuse a permit application by saying they have concerns that a person will not leave Canada at the end of the stay..??? even though they have opened various immigration programmes for International students which is a pinned post as well in the forum...

I seriously don't understand this contradictory statement....

And I really feel very sorry for you @Shazd85

May be its the matter of luck and you must get something better than this... In Sha Allah

Last edited:
Reactions: croc007 and Tete

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
How long was the course you intended to do? Was it post-graduation diploma in construction management? Is it a college or an University?

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019

If CIC website states that they are open to immigration to everyone who qualifies are welcomed and those who are not then they have clarified a path to become a qualified person by value adding yourself and that is you come to attain a relevant degree, pay the fee, submit GIC, get a certificate, get your PGWP, and then lawfully go for the PR. Isn't that the case????

and if yes..!! why do they refuse a permit application by saying they have concerns that a person will not leave Canada at the end of the stay..??? even though they have opened various immigration processes for International students which is a pinned post as well in the forum...

Thats a million dollar question my friend. I wish somone had answer to this. Its like saying welcome to my house its open for you if you follow the house rules and at the same time keep the door locked.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
How long was the course you intended to do? Was it post-graduation diploma in construction management? Is it a college or an University?
Its was 2 years course. I paid 17k CAD for 1 year tuition in advance. It was post graduate diploma in college.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020

and if yes..!! why do they refuse a permit application by saying they have concerns that a person will not leave Canada at the end of the stay..??? even though they have opened various immigration processes for International students which is a pinned post as well in the forum...

Last edited:

Zeef

Mar 24, 2020
Thats a million dollar question my friend. I wish somone had answer to this. Its like saying welcome to my house its open for you if you follow the house rules and at the same time keep the door locked.
true that... quite disappointed to see your case

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
true that... quite disappointed to see your case
Well sometimes things dont workout the way we plan them. Now have to get refund of 32k CAD sitting in Canada. I had plan B going for MSC in Construction Management in UK. Applied for October intake.Finger crossed.

Reactions: Zeef