+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
ouihel01 said:
Hi there , what is a caips? is it the same as GCMS? ...what does caips stand for? Thanks.
Yes, CAIPS is the "same", but the GCMS are in a different format. Both are a record of the the Visa Officers comments.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
neha.palia said:
Please anyone reply to this one.
You will be wasting money and time with consultant, not sure what lawyer will do.
It's basically your profile, immigration sees it at high risk. The closest you could try is short stay, close to this birthday with reasons to meet him as you are missing him
Immigration sees it different ways, for eg., in a regular visit visa which give you six month that you will stay with him more than the time allocated, or you could become pregnant and child would be born in Canada with citizenship. Don't be offended but this is how they see things

You can only try but rest is luck or better yet, apply for student visa and stay with him

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Student Visa Aahahaa!!!
I thought of this but it would be completely opposite to my earlier visa application.
Which says I will come back and join my job back.
I have one more query- which keeps ticking in my head.
What is the difference between TRV and Open work permit visa.?
Because when I was at the application center ,VFS people asked me that what kind of visa i want apply?
Whether it is Visitor or Open work permit?
If I applied for Open work permit - what were the chances of success.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
TRV(temporary resident visa) can be 3 types - visitor visa, work visa, student visa. When you apply for any work permit, the TRV is part of the application. If approved, you will be issued a TRV with status as "worker" - that's what is referred to as a "work visa". It is only at your first point of entry into Canada that the work permit will be issued.

To be eligible for a spousal open work permit(SOWP), your spouse must be a student currently enrolled or a skilled worker(job falls under NOC 0, A or B). No one can predict the chances of success, however, if your spouse meets one of the above criteria, I would say it's better to apply for a SOWP. The only reason I say this is because:

1. spouse in Canada - this demonstrates stronger ties to Canada than your home country, which is not what you want. If you are unemployed or a housewife, you may not have assets in your own name to demostrate strong home ties, etc.

2. with a work permit, you have to show that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay - not sure how this is assessed but I imagine with a spouse in Canada it is more likely that you guys will apply for permanent residence. The good news is, dual intent is allowed - i.e. you can apply for a TRV and have PR application in process at the same time provided you can satisfy the conditions partaining to each application.

neha.palia said:
Student Visa Aahahaa!!!
I thought of this but it would be completely opposite to my earlier visa application.
Which says I will come back and join my job back.
I have one more query- which keeps ticking in my head.
What is the difference between TRV and Open work permit visa.?
Because when I was at the application center ,VFS people asked me that what kind of visa i want apply?
Whether it is Visitor or Open work permit?
If I applied for Open work permit - what were the chances of success.

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks senorita.But i m still little bit confused.
Just tell me one more thing I applied for TRV under category "Other" reason : Visiting husband.
Next time if I apply can I change it to Open work permit or i have to apply under the same category.

singhcanada4

Jan 22, 2013
neha.palia said:
Just tell me one more thing I applied for TRV under category "Other" reason : Visiting husband.
Next time if I apply can I change it to Open work permit or i have to apply under the same category.

Hi Neha ,
i have been reading ur query . its very sad and i can relate to your pain. your case is very similar to mine. 5 months u said ...its been 1 year and 2 months for me in INDIA without my husband .
Like you i applied for TRV after my marriage and also for an Open work permit but both got rejected. Lawyer or consultant is just a waste of money.
u cld have tried for a student visa before ur marriage . that wld have been the BEST option.
In my case my husband has applied for his PR and i am included in the same . I am sitting here waiting for my PR to come.

wishing you luck

singhcanada4

Jan 22, 2013
Pippin said:
Yes, CAIPS is the "same", but the GCMS are in a different format. Both are a record of the the Visa Officers comments.
hi Pippin ,

can u throw some light on this...

My husband is in canada on closed Work Permit and have applied for PR under FSW with Arranged Employment in May, 2011 at Buffalo, USA. my details are also included in the PR file.

I got married an year ago and applied for Visitor VISA and Open Work Permit (based on my husbands WP) , both of which were denied stating the same reason that i wnt come back to india after my stay .

My queries are:
1.) Do I try applying for a Visitor VISA again ? i was not working initially but i have been working now from past 8 months in a MNC .

Please advice ....thank u

singhcanada4

Jan 22, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
TRV(temporary resident visa) can be 3 types - visitor visa, work visa, student visa. When you apply for any work permit, the TRV is part of the application. If approved, you will be issued a TRV with status as "worker" - that's what is referred to as a "work visa". It is only at your first point of entry into Canada that the work permit will be issued.

To be eligible for a spousal open work permit(SOWP), your spouse must be a student currently enrolled or a skilled worker(job falls under NOC 0, A or B). No one can predict the chances of success, however, if your spouse meets one of the above criteria, I would say it's better to apply for a SOWP. The only reason I say this is because:

1. spouse in Canada - this demonstrates stronger ties to Canada than your home country, which is not what you want. If you are unemployed or a housewife, you may not have assets in your own name to demostrate strong home ties, etc.

2. with a work permit, you have to show that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay - not sure how this is assessed but I imagine with a spouse in Canada it is more likely that you guys will apply for permanent residence. The good news is, dual intent is allowed - i.e. you can apply for a TRV and have PR application in process at the same time provided you can satisfy the conditions partaining to each application.

Hi ,

My husband is in canada on closed Work Permit and have applied for PR under FSW with Arranged Employment in May, 2011 at Buffalo, USA. my details are also included in the PR file.

I got married an year ago and applied for Visitor VISA and Open Work Permit (based on my husbands WP) , both of which were denied stating the same reason that i wnt come back to india after my stay .

My queries are:
1.) Do I try applying for a Visitor VISA again ? i was not working initially but i have been working now from past 8 months in a MNC .

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You can apply for an open work permit next time if you want.

neha.palia said:

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Being employed is a change in your previous circumstances and you could consider applying. But before you do, ask your husband to request your GCMS notes on your behalf(you have to complete an authorization form for him to request it on your behalf. This way you would have more information about the reasons for refusal.

singhcanada4 said:
Hi ,

My queries are:

prince_papu

Nov 15, 2012
Hello,

Try to attach this documents with your application and it could help you to get approval :

-cover letter
-invitation letter from your husband
-your payslip
-bank statement (yours & husband)
-any of your property letters
-insurance policy
-any medical letters
-letter from your office
-flight ticket

Please submit documents which you feel can help your application and please remember that you have to make sure that VO strongly believe that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit. Hope this can help you.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
neha.palia said:
hi neha can u tell me if u know whats the requires documents for spouse open work permit?what qualification it required?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No idea... only a visa officer makes the decision. For your part, you need to submit the required documents and hope that they satisfy the officer.

sqazi said:
can student spouse easily get the open work permit?